-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1mopardude

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
whats all needed to turn a 74 grill into a 71-72 design ??? I have bought a hood but what other parts are required ??? who would have some parts to sell ??

You will need the bumper and brackets, the bumper filler panel, the hood latch mechanism and bracket, the metal filler panel from the grill to the rad support, and tabs welded to the fenders to bolt the filler panel in. Oh yeah depending on which grille (sharkstooth or regular) the turn signal lamp holders are different.

The 69 Valiant grill will interchange easily also and its the best looking A body grill there is excluding the Sharktooth.

The 69 Valiant grill will interchange easily also and its the best looking A body grill there is excluding the Sharktooth.

I believe that you forgot to add the "IMO" or "IMHO"...because not everyone would agree with you...I certainly don't...never cared for the '69 grill...looks like someone at the design studio felt compelled to "wedge" something in there and then they wisely cleaned it up in 1970. JMHO and for any of my 1969 Valiant owning brethren who might happen to be enamored of those grills - I mean no offense.

Ray

The whole front clip off of a 71-72 should work. Seems like too much trouble to change grills though unless your going "Sharktooth/Twister" grille.

BTW, 69 Valiant grills will fit in 70-72's only and "IMHO" yes, they do look very good. I like the fact that they are also made out of reall metal and not cheapo plastic.

Obvisiously the person that doesn't like the 69 valiant grill has never saw one in a 70-71 duster. I installed one in a sassy grass color car and it looked great. Don't knock it till you've seen or tryed it. Each to his own though. Good luck.

you wont be able to directly bolt the bumper brackets off the 70-72 car on the 74 the 74 uses those huge shock absorbant bumpers and the frame rail only has one hole in it for the bumper where the 70-72 has two bolts to hold the bumper bracket to the frame rail. That is the biggest hurdle you will have it you can get the bumper brackets the rest is just bolting stuff on the hood the grill, filler panel, bumper, hood latch support and just welding the two tabs to hold the hood latch support in Good Luck and if you figure something out please post it i am doing the same thing but just havent figured out the bumper brackets yet Justin

jjr426 - My 74 duster has the "shocks" on the back bumper only (and one I stripped a few years back). The front is still the standard two bolt deal. I think the front went to the shocks in '75.

whats all needed to turn a 74 grill into a 71-72 design ??? I have bought a hood but what other parts are required ??? who would have some parts to sell ??

Where you located? I have 2 parts cars, but they are in southern NJ.

jjr426 - My 74 duster has the "shocks" on the back bumper only (and one I stripped a few years back). The front is still the standard two bolt deal. I think the front went to the shocks in '75.

well crap i didnt know that i have seen two dusters that i was told were 74s that had the shocks on the front bumper but i may have been told wrong on the years i never looked at the vin or anything i know the 75s had the absorbers all around but if you have done it i will not argue the point on the 74s You learn something new everyday i guess hope i didnt mess anyone up then Justin

Obvisiously the person that doesn't like the 69 valiant grill has never saw one in a 70-71 duster. I installed one in a sassy grass color car and it looked great. Don't knock it till you've seen or tryed it. Each to his own though. Good luck.

alright whos got a pic, now i wanna see it..

Here's a Pic of a 71 Duster with the 69 Valiant grill. Looks like a custom tube grill. I'd rather have metal as plastic. Good luck in your decision.

my pic's 11.JPG

We seen that grill in A valiant 100, in the local junk yard. First time we saw it on A Duster I like it. Bla plastic:toothy10:
val2.jpg

Well, now that I've seen it....I still don't like it! :tongue6: It looks like an early 70's truck!! :shock:

haha, yeah it does kinda look like the truck.lol, But it is different, it will make you stop and think. me myself, i would run it and paint it black i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back