75/80 Dragway to re-open

-

Moparknighthawk

Reaction score
Some of you Mid-Atlantic guys might remember the 75/80 Dragway. It closed down in October of 2005. Well, its re-opening in April this year! I have many memories of this dragstrip, especially many awesome Friday night drags there. Just wanted to let you guys know. Enjoy!

http://www.75-80dragway.com/
:-D

I am glad to her they are opening again. I know a few guys who live up around Frederick, MD who used to race there and have since stop racing because it closed (they did not want to drive to tracks farther away like Mason-Dixon, etc.)

I went to a Mopar event there back around '95 or '97 (sometime back then), seemed like a nice track. It used to be a NHRA sanctioned track now they are going to be IHRA (according to the website). MIR switched from NHRA to IHRA about 20-25 years ago and seems to turned out to be a very good thing.

Bob

Always nice to hear about an old track reopening. It's tough to keep a drag strip open these days. Mostly depends on the bracket racers and local folks for revenue. I say good luck to the 75/80 Dragway operators and hope they receive enough support to keep them going.

-
Back