75 Dart 360 Sport factory crank sunroof

-

JElder

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new here but have owned a 1975 Dodge Dart 360 sport with factory crank sunroof, and rear seat fold down options for about 26 years. My father bought me the car when I was 14 so I'm sure there's no reason to speak of the priceless value this car has to me. However, that said I've read quite a few threads about Duster and Dart 340 cars with these options, and the rarity of those. But I'm wondering how rare are the Dart 360 sport models with the sunroof and fold down seat options? Anyone have an idea on production numbers for the Dart 360 sports?

cool car's any pic's? there were only 3300 made in 74, so i'm guessing there even more rare in 75. Way less then 100 made i'll bet, with the sunroof option.

That must be total 360 production

That's what I was thinking. Like I said I have read quite a few threads talking about the rarity of the Dart 340 cars with these options but haven't seen to many threads about Dart 360's. What years were the 340 cars produced, and did the 360 cars follow those up or were they produced during the same time?

360's were in 74 and 75. That car is super rare with the sun roof. 360production dropped off in 75.

360's were in 74 and 75. That car is super rare with the sun roof. 360production dropped off in 75.

Thanks for the info. It's pretty cool to think I have such a rare car. Even though they weren't as highly sought after as many others of its time. I'm usually the one standing around with something everyone else has so much so that its worth absolutely nothing. Unfortunately the crank mechanism in my car is worn out and needs replaced to be able to open the sunroof. As you can imagine in having a real hard time finding another good one. Thinking I might have a machine shop reproduce the one that's on it. Anyhow, what other options came on these cars? My car also has the rear wing vents that pop out the side. I believe those were an option as well. Any other options you guys know of?

Lots of options. A/c, Power Steering, AM/FM raido. If you buy one of the little option code books, it will list packages options and production numbers. I can tell you that there were only 2900 automatic 360 Duster built in 74. The later year cars also have better front suspension, Disc Brakes, Electronic Ignition, Big Bolt pattern wheels, real seat belts, and you can also run unleaded fuel! Great cars. The Cat. Coverter is a negative though.

Lots of options. A/c, Power Steering, AM/FM raido. If you buy one of the little option code books, it will list packages options and production numbers. I can tell you that there were only 2900 automatic 360 Duster built in 74. The later year cars also have better front suspension, Disc Brakes, Electronic Ignition, Big Bolt pattern wheels, real seat belts, and you can also run unleaded fuel! Great cars. The Cat. Coverter is a negative though.

My car has power steering. No a/c. It has kick panel vents. Not sure if those were option or not. Does have small bolt pattern wheels. Has shift console on the floor. 71,*** original miles. Up and over painted stripes. (Not decals).

Sounds like you have a really rare car....Congrats!

Does have small bolt pattern wheels

I'm a bit confused about the SBP wheels in a V8 75 Dart....I thought they were all LBP except for the /6 cars....hmmm

Sounds like you have a really rare car....Congrats!

I'm a bit confused about the SBP wheels in a V8 75 Dart....I thought they were all LBP except for the /6 cars....hmmm

I may be wrong on it having the SBP. It's been so long since I've done anything with the car. I remember there being two bolt patterns. I thought mine was the smaller one but it might be the larger. I to thought the V8 cars had the large pattern. How could I find out for sure?

Realy cool car and story. V8s should have large bolt pattern. Measure the distance from the center of a stud to the center of the wheel. If it's 2" it's 5x4", if it's any longer, it's the larger pattern.

If your car is a real 1975 360 Dart Sport, the serial number would start with LM29L5.......
According to what i found, there was 1,043 built total.
Sunroofs and rear fold down seats are rare on all of the Dart Sports, let alone a 360 car which is pretty rare by itself.
I do have a '75 Dart Sport 360 fairly plain jane car that needs restoration myself, BTW.
I used to have a '74 360 sunroof rear fold down seat car which i know is really rare too..........

Realy cool car and story. V8s should have large bolt pattern. Measure the distance from the center of a stud to the center of the wheel. If it's 2" it's 5x4", if it's any longer, it's the larger pattern.

I measured like you said. It looks to measure 2 and 1/4 inches, center to center. So I'm guessing it would be the larger bolt pattern then. Correct?

If your car is a real 1975 360 Dart Sport, the serial number would start with LM29L5.......
According to what i found, there was 1,043 built total.
Sunroofs and rear fold down seats are rare on all of the Dart Sports, let alone a 360 car which is pretty rare by itself.
I do have a '75 Dart Sport 360 fairly plain jane car that needs restoration myself, BTW.
I used to have a '74 360 sunroof rear fold down seat car which i know is really rare too..........

Ok, I just looked, my VIN does start out LM29L5. The car has the factory sunroof option as well as the fold down rear seat. It also has the rear pop out wing vents, power steering, front disc brakes, and kick panel floor vents as well.

If it's a 75, they did not come in small bolt pattern. It's big. Stripes very cool too.

JElder- Google Chrysler option code book- I thing Galvin Govier option code book. I have one and I will check the numbers for you

If it's a 75, they did not come in small bolt pattern. It's big. Stripes very cool too.

Thanks for the info..it is for sure a 75. It's covered under an inch of dust right now but as soon as I get around to it I'm going to wash it then take some pics to post. I'm getting the feeling some people may not believe I have what I'm claiming. Lol!

Jelder- My book is a 1972-1974 edition. It shows 360-4- which I assume is 4bbl production at 2348- 1,162 automatics built in 74. Should be similar for 75

The first part of the Vin you posted is correct for 75 360. Remember cars are broken down by automatic, manual, and different options like color. There are probably only a couple with that sunroof out there; however, remember it is a Dart Sport and it's valuable but not super valuable

The first part of the Vin you posted is correct for 75 360. Remember cars are broken down by automatic, manual, and different options like color. There are probably only a couple with that sunroof out there; however, remember it is a Dart Sport and it's valuable but not super valuable

Thanks for the look up. I'm not sure if you caught my early posts here but my dad bought me this car when I was 14 for my first car. I realize Darts weren't the most popular car so they're not worth a whole lot, but this one has priceless value to me considering how I got it!! It's just cool to me that it is so rare!! My dad passed in August of 2011, so this car will never leave my family no matter what it's worth....or not worth in this case. Lol!!

-
Back