..75 duster up grades........

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
................Exceptional 360 HP car..............39,000 actual miles.........was repainted red in the late 90s..........What stripe is factory 4 it........it did have a stripe by the decoding of the fender tag, but no 1 can tell me which it should b...or what color...........would u put a tail panel stripe on it.........would u guys and gals put a scoop or wing on it?.....didnt have any factory ...thanks......kim.............

Why do you care so much about what we would do? It's your car. And it sounds like a pretty rare car at that. What was the fender tag code for the stripe? V7X I'm guessing? It might look something like this.

75duster.jpg

Sounds like a cool find!Do as you please with it,unless your going for period correct?Good Luck!I,ve thought about putting the scoop on my 73 Dart Sport 340,4 speed car,but it didn,t come with one.:read2:8)

Why do you care so much about what we would do? It's your car. And it sounds like a pretty rare car at that. What was the fender tag code for the stripe? V7X I'm guessing? It might look something like this.

..........U told me that K8W was some kind of side stripe.........i would like to put it on if i can find it..........I like the look of the dual snorkle scoop and a wing..........75 never had either factory...........i dont want to devalue the car either......but it looks pretty plain , almost naked without anything on it...............kim.......

dude, its your car, we'll still love you either way, and yea to me, dusters without scoops and/or wings look a little naked, but its up to you!!!!

..........U told me that K8W was some kind of side stripe.........i would like to put it on if i can find it..........I like the look of the dual snorkle scoop and a wing..........75 never had either factory...........i dont want to devalue the car either......but it looks pretty plain , almost naked without anything on it...............kim.......

Right on, forgot about that. V8W was the code used in earlier years for a tranverse stripe, so that's why I would say K8W is something similar. I'm not sure what it would look like for a '75 though. Here's what I would do as far as the wing and scoop go: find another good hood and trunk lid. Then, if you decide you want to sell the car, since the original hood and trunk lid have holes in them for the wing and scoop, you can have the replacement hood and trunk lid painted and bolted on.

If I were buying a car that had a scoop and wings bolted on, it wouldn't hurt the value as far as I'm concerned. Some of the hardcore purists might not pay as much if it is modified though.

-
Back