75 Plymouth valiant front wheel cylinder

-

Larryss

Reaction score
How to I change the front wheel cylinder on 75 Plymouth valiant.

Are you sure it's a drum brake car? Pictures would be helpful to use. I thought most, if not all the 74 & up cars were front disc brakes, I could be wrong.

I suspect the 6 cyl. cars from about '73 thru '76 had 10-inch drums in front and 9-inch in rear - still with small bolt pattern?

You'll probably need a small torch-kit. The brake line will likely be seized in the casting, as might the mounting bolts be.

But you don't have to remove it to hone it and replace the cups. In fact, I prefer to do it on the car whenever the W/C is reusable, which is most of the time.

If you have to remove line, the heat is good - then soak with Liquid Wrench (etc.) There is non-flammable to choose, and, for sure a proper flare-nut wrench. The cyl. attaching bolts are 1/4" and need 7/16" socket setup. Again can be soaked and, if going this route, buff all threads and use some anti-seize compound. Hopefully the bleeder will remove also. :)

If you have to remove line, the heat is good - then soak with Liquid Wrench (etc.) There is non-flammable to choose, and, for sure a proper flare-nut wrench. The cyl. attaching bolts are 1/4" and need 7/16" socket setup. Again can be soaked and, if going this route, buff all threads and use some anti-seize compound. Hopefully the bleeder will remove also. :)
I can't get a wrench on the wheel cylinder bolts

You are probably going to have to use a 6 point socket, heat & a little muscle to get the WC bolts out. Don't go gorilla on it & twist them off, just a word of warning.

You are probably going to have to use a 6 point socket, heat & a little muscle to get the WC bolts out. Don't go gorilla on it & twist them off, just a word of warning.

I suspect the 6 cyl. cars from about '73 thru '76 had 10-inch drums in front and 9-inch in rear - still with small bolt pattern?
Thanks mine is a 6 cylinder

-
Back