76 duster wiring diagram

-
Reaction score
Hey guys hoping some one can point me in the direction of a decent wiring diagram for a 6cyl 76 duster, I've googled it a few times with out much luck and I'm in Aus so limited info as well, any help would be appreciated

The problem your having is the 1976 Dusters were only made for just a few months. There was only abut 32,000 roughly made. Your best bet is to find a wiring diagram for 1975 as nothing has changed wiring wise. I even used a 1973 wiring diagram when I rewired my car this year.

Riddler

Here's the basic wiring diagram for a 75 should be real close. Only one I have found online. I have a 74 FSM. Very close to what is on my 75.

75ValiantA.jpg

75ValiantB.jpg

Looking for the same thing for a 76 Duster harness. The diagrams I find are not a match. Like the above diagram they only show 8 fuses where mine has 10, and 24 wire spaces on the bulkhead connector labeled A to Z where mine has 32 wire spaces labeled 1 to 32.
Appears to be a different bulkhead connector that bolts on as opposed to the rest that clip into the opening.
76 Duster, slant 6, a/c.
I'd be happy with just a diagram of the bulkhead connector. Position, color, device.
100_2084.JPG

Bad thing with those a/b drawings is the accessory items like seatbelt interlock and more are not always shown. Search for diagrams of the other systems to help bridge the gap.

Any of the diagrams I have or have seen dont even match a lot of the wire colors/pin locations.
I have not seen one A body diagram with the type of bulkhed connector I have, plus mine is numbered 1 to 32 not A to Z.

100_0590.JPG
100_0588.JPG

I can look into it but not up on the late A-bodies, but seem to remember finding stuff with bulkhead numbers like that. What other A was built in 76. They built and engineered it so there is documentation somewhere!

Thanks.
Some mid 70's B's had a similar bulkhead, but different "keys". The diagrams from them dont match up either. I've looked through all the A's from 73-76 and nothing even has the 10 fuse block let alone the 32 connector spaces.

Do you have the 76 FSM?

In particular this one?

image.jpeg

Looking for the same thing for a 76 Duster harness. The diagrams I find are not a match. Like the above diagram they only show 8 fuses where mine has 10, and 24 wire spaces on the bulkhead connector labeled A to Z where mine has 32 wire spaces labeled 1 to 32.
Appears to be a different bulkhead connector that bolts on as opposed to the rest that clip into the opening.
76 Duster, slant 6, a/c.
I'd be happy with just a diagram of the bulkhead connector. Position, color, device.
View attachment 1715026593
They are as you described in the 76 electrical service manual
MANY copies available on Ebay...
1976 Dodge Chrysler Plymouth Electrical Service Manual | eBay

Do you have the 76 FSM?

In particular this one?

View attachment 1715026629

I do not have that one.
I only need the one diagram, not the entire cars electrical. I parted the 76 years ago and want to "customize" the dash harness to use in another A.
Do you have it? A picture of the "correct" diagram would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I do not have that one.
I only need the one diagram, not the entire cars electrical. I parted the 76 years ago and want to "customize" the dash harness to in another A.
Do you have it? A picture of the "correct" diagram would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

No I do not, but a quick search shows lots of info about electrical manuals available and would guess some drawings are out there if you are persistent enough in you search queries. Funny thing about searches is the wording you use sometimes makes all the difference and re-phrasing the question may strike gold! Anyhow looks like zkx14 can help you.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the assist!
I've done a lot of searching with all kinds of variations on the wording, on several search engines.
zkx14 does it show one like the 2 pages you posted in post #3 above but correct for the bulkhead/harness I have?
That might just be perfect...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the assist!
I've done a lot of searching with all kinds of variations on the wording, on several search engines.
zkx14 does it show one like the 2 pages you posted in post #3 above but correct for the bulkhead/harness I have?
That might just be perfect...
No, I don't think you will find a correct basic diagram. The info you need is probably spread through the schematic. I searched online and gave up. Easier to just buy the book. I have a late 75 Duster, Had to buy both 75 and 76 books to get all my info. :BangHead:

Seems we found the year or so the drawings went one-line style. I know the Mopars I have owned 99 and newer were this style schematics, which is just fine for me, just a little more challenging to follow!

Dammit, perfection eludes me once again! :lol:

My guess is this has something to do with it being an a/c car.
Or maybe its just my luck...lol

Thank you gentlemen!

Well, perfection....achieved!:thumbsup:
And where did I find this?
right here...

Free service manuals

post number 40, iirc.

Perhaps my luck is turning...fingers crossed!:D

-
Back