76 Plymouth Silver Duster Video

-

iowan

Reaction score
Some of you may remember I got a 76 Silver Duster out of Portland and had it shipped to Iowa. A year or so later I still have it and wanted to share some video of it. Thought I better do that before it gets a big block in it :D lol... I'll also share another video of my old 70 Challenger RT JS23UOB code car for poops and giggles.

The Duster

My Challenger before I sold it years ago

Challenger making a 6.60 @ 105 pass

That Challenger have a gear drive? Sounds like a supercharger whine but no huffer.

I love both of the cars!
Great videos and thanks for sharing them.
If you do end up putting a 440 in the Duster, please start a build thread so we can all enjoy the process of the conversion etc.
What power level do you plan on going to and what will the rest of the drive train consist of?
The Duster looks to be a nice one with a good body for sure, it looks to be in great shape overall as is so you won't have to worry about body or interior work and it looks to be low miles to boot..........

That Challenger have a gear drive? Sounds like a supercharger whine but no huffer.
Yes, I used a milodon/donovan gear drive for that engine

What power level do you plan on going to and what will the rest of the drive train consist of?
All I'll say for now is I have a buddy locally that deals in KB blocks, heads etc... I can get what I need very reasonably priced. I'll probably this time shoot for 9's area.

The Duster looks to be a nice one with a good body for sure, it looks to be in great shape overall as is so you won't have to worry about body or interior work and it looks to be low miles to boot..........
That's why I picked this car up. At first after getting it I was torn on if I should resell it or start modifying it. I really hate to tear up a all original car like this, I feel it's almost sac religious and one of the biggest sins I could commit... LOL... but looking at what people want to give for a slant 6 car helped me make up my mind. Funny thing is, just because it has a slant 6, people will say, I don't care what kind of shape the cars in it's only worth peanuts. Even though, you can't get a A-Body with a near perfect body for peanuts they will still try and low-ball the hell out of you. People are so ignorant, they'd rather pay 4 -5 k for something that needs tons of body work and work period. By the time they're done spending over the amount of what they could of gotten a A-Body like the one I have there in the negative instead of ahead of the eight ball. I'll drop a BB in it, repaint it myself and do a few other things and when it comes to sell if I do sell it, I'll get a lot more out of it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos, thanks for checking them out. Always love sharing with fellow Mopar people.

Very strange, I was doing some searching last night and ran across this. Someone turned it into barnfinds.com when I had it for sale. lol... It's getting harder by the day to tear this one up for a drag car. lol.. Just to be clear, I didn't find it in a barn, I found it on a car lot in Portland and had it shipped to Iowa :D
Rust-Free 1976 Plymouth Silver Duster

Last edited:
-
Back