78 Arrow...

-

Mighty

Reaction score
I have a 78 Plymouth Arrow and big dreams. The car is stripped, besides glass. Want to cage it, V8, Rear end, Big tires. Any suggestions?? Not many performance parts available, so any input will be greatly appriciated

Welcome. I suggest you post a picture of the car so we can get an idea of what we're looking at here?

Welcome! How big of tires? I like how those Arrows look pro street. I’m sure a big block stroker would go nice in there. I don’t know what sort of model specific performance those cars would have, especially since it is a mitsubishi and it sounds like you are looking to stuff a big v8 drivetrain in. I would figure out what motor/trans combo you are looking to use, slap some mounts on it, I prefer spool type, and dry fit again and again until you find a good location to mount the frame sides of the mounts. Decide what rear, buy rims and tires, measure, measure, measure. Tire size will decide how much you need to cut off of where. Wheel wells, floor, quarter, all depends on what you want to stuff in there. I look forward to seeing what you do with your car!

Welcome! How big of tires? I like how those Arrows look pro street. I’m sure a big block stroker would go nice in there. I don’t know what sort of model specific performance those cars would have, especially since it is a mitsubishi and it sounds like you are looking to stuff a big v8 drivetrain in. I would figure out what motor/trans combo you are looking to use, slap some mounts on it, I prefer spool type, and dry fit again and again until you find a good location to mount the frame sides of the mounts. Decide what rear, buy rims and tires, measure, measure, measure. Tire size will decide how much you need to cut off of where. Wheel wells, floor, quarter, all depends on what you want to stuff in there. I look forward to seeing what you do with your car!

I know a guy that had a 340 arrow, tubbed , the whole bit. He was an excellent driver, think he just got tired of winning and quit !!

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like an interesting project, put up a few pictures when you have the time.

-
Back