78 midnight express

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
I know its a non a body but how collectible are these, I have a shot at buying one for 2 grand that already has a decent paint job and new wood panels. Thinking about using it as a parts jailer/ local cruiser

Pretty rare. If it's real. Gotta find the right person to by them just like the red express trucks. Is it a midnightexpress or a warlock?

a78e9088.jpg

so you bought it yet ? Everything we grumble about on our a-bodies is no sweat on a truck.

Well worth $2k I would think. Did you buy it? I'd be interested in seeing more picts. Always had a soft spot for step sides.

I'm working out the arrangment to go pick it up hopefully next weekend, its about 4 to 5 hour drive there and back, also have to see about insurance on monday for it. Will post picture if I pick it up!

That thing looks sweet!! I sold a rust bucket 83 step for 1500.00 so that has to be worth more than 2000. I'd love to have it as a daily driver.

That's nice. Wish it were bigger and I had my glasses. I like those trucks.

I've been seeing this truck for sale for a while, I kind of like it too, I'm a 78 lil red owner myself, from everything I can find out 1978 was the only year for the midnight express and most came with 440, but 360 and 318 was available, but don't take that as gospel.

Yeah everyone I have consulted including Yall say it is a very good deal, guy bought a new truck and needs the money for his notes. The 360 has a upgraded top end and mild cam. Dual exhaust and a upgradedclutch. Calling about insurance tomorrow but I'm going to get it on sat.

Awesome! This truck is located somewhere near me, I was kinda oogling it before as well. Looks like a really cool truck!

You know how far you are from Auburn, AL DarTT? I get off grave yard shift at 7 am sat. and as long as i can get insurance I'm going to ride with my buddy up there (catch a small nap on the way) then drive the car home.

You know how far you are from Auburn, AL DarTT? I get off grave yard shift at 7 am sat. and as long as i can get insurance I'm going to ride with my buddy up there (catch a small nap on the way) then drive the car home.

It is quite a ride, I did it before with a friend for spring break one year. And its gonna suck, but atleast you will have one bad **** of a truck when you get back :-D

Total Travel Estimate: 3 hours 35 minutes / 215.90 miles

hmmm......not bad..... just going to have to take a nap on the way...going to be a fun drive home!

GOING TO PICK IT UP SATURDAY! also I found out that between liability and full coverage insurance is only $80 dollars. Full coverage is only $265 for 6 months. Hell Yes!
More photos:
3nb3k33pe5V45Q45U3a735c060686a27013db.jpg

3n23m93pd5V35T45P0a73b6da7590b2f4138e.jpg

3ne3k53o75O25Q65T4a73a81167b8a5971989.jpg

What should I do to it? or should I just drive it? I am still picking up parts for the dart sport: see link http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=101582

I know I need to redo the seat as it is ripped and just has a cover over it, and I was also thinking about putting a bedliner in it to keep from scratching up the bed while hauling some mopar parts! What else should I do? Stacks to finish off the midnight express look? Let me hear some opinions!

Maybe one of you can verify what I was told by a Warlock owner. He claims that the Lil' Red was a Dodge factory offering, while the Midnight Express and Warlock versions were Dealer installed options. Just what I was told. It's nice to have those nuggets of useless info tucked back in your head sometimes.

-
Back