Not open for further replies.

C2ndLTpigeon

Mopar or no Car!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
Hello,

I'm looking for an 8.25 or 8.75 rear end to replace my 7.25 in my 73 Valiant. I'm going to do some performance upgrades to my 318 and feel the 7.25 will not handle it over time.

I'm locate in southern California. If anyone has one for a good deal let me know.

Thanks

Yes it is a factory 318 with 4.5 all the way around. An 8 1/4 would be fine with me, im looking to get in the 275-300 HP range. 8 3/4 would be great for the future as I have a 400 block I could throw in but not any time soon, I just got the car this month and plan to keep the 318 for a good long while just need a stronger rear end.

I have a 8.75 but it would need to be narrowed if you want to retain stock A body width. 489 case out of what I believe to be from a 71-73ish B-body. Im in Long Beach so I am not too far from you

I have a 8.75 but it would need to be narrowed if you want to retain stock A body width. 489 case out of what I believe to be from a 71-73ish B-body. Im in Long Beach so I am not too far from you

Seems the B body rear is longer and would need to be narrowed quite a bit. Looking for something with less work need. How much were you asking for it if I had to go that route?

I know 8.75's for an A body are hard to come by, which seems ill need to lean towards an 8.25

Seems the B body rear is longer and would need to be narrowed quite a bit. Looking for something with less work need. How much were you asking for it if I had to go that route?

I know 8.75's for an A body are hard to come by, which seems ill need to lean towards an 8.25
you would have to study it but I believe some of the early b bodies are just a touch longer and will work and also I believe that the later axles can't be shortened can only shorten c body axles or buy new ones

I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. I would like $600 for the rear end if you can do that. Ill post a link to it here
[FOR SALE] - B-body? 8.75

I have an unknown year what I believe to be B body 8-3/4 on a 72 dart. The factory wheels and tires clear with plenty of room to spare. If you want to go with an 8-3/4 I would measure what you have and get good measurement from Projectile Dart, it may fit without narrowing.

I have an unknown year what I believe to be B body 8-3/4 on a 72 dart. The factory wheels and tires clear with plenty of room to spare. If you want to go with an 8-3/4 I would measure what you have and get good measurement from Projectile Dart, it may fit without narrowing.

I wondered if it would fit being the the width in the rear is smaller than the front wheels and it looks like there is room to spare. Once i noticed this it makes the rear of the car look small.

The 7.25 will put up with a 318/ auto trans, for a good long time, in a small-tub car; but it will not put up with peg-legging for long.
So if your 7.25 has the right ratio in it, I would just put a Sure-Grip in it.
But if you have to buy gears too, then not.

Main performance mods im planing is a Hughes Whiplash cam, Edlebrock performer intake with a Edlebrock 600 carb, Long tube headers. I would like the piece of mind having a rear end that is not on the border line of not being able to handle the power and blow up on me.

The 7.25 will put up with a 318/ auto trans, for a good long time, in a small-tub car; but it will not put up with peg-legging for long.
So if your 7.25 has the right ratio in it, I would just put a Sure-Grip in it.
But if you have to buy gears too, then not.

A 71+ B rear will not fit well in an A without some serious backspaced wheels. It's roughly 3" longer on EACH side than a A body rear. 63" total vs 57

Last edited:
Im looking for an 8 1/4 more, than the 8 3/4 just the 8 3/4 would be nice for future plans either way I need one or the other and have money waiting if priced right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back