[WANTED] 8 1/4 sure grip 27 spline

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at jeep products with a dana 35, they drop right in.
I saw in another thread that when you use the Jeep Dana 35 stuff that you have to use the ring gear pinion and carrier altogether. I already have a new set of motive 373 gears for the dodge 8 1/4

I have a power trax new still in the box replaces spiders so you don't have to do anything with r&p
$375 shipped conus

IMG_20220810_123455675.jpg

IMG_20220810_123514275.jpg

IMG_20220810_124753233_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I saw in another thread that when you use the Jeep Dana 35 stuff that you have to use the ring gear pinion and carrier altogether. I already have a new set of motive 373 gears for the dodge 8 1/4
How would you change gear ratios on one of those axles if you have to keep the ring and pinion with the carrier all together? I can't see that they would match the carrier to a ring and pinion specifically.

How would you change gear ratios on one of those axles if you have to keep the ring and pinion with the carrier all together? I can't see that they would match the carrier to a ring and pinion specifically.
I’m assuming that the ring gear has a specific bolt pattern or multiple extra bolt holes from what I’m seeing. So I’m assuming again that the pinion gear would be usable, but the ring gear would not. It’s something like 10 holes versus 20, it’s been a while since I read this thread.

Yes the ring gear is a specific bot pattern

I used the carrier with the ring and pinion. Just had to re set it up like any other gear change. Works great for the 3.55 I run.

I found this in my search: “Dana 35s have ABS, 27 spline shafts, c-clip shafts, 2.62" tube diameter, and a 7.6" ring gear as compared to the 8.25 with a 3" axle tube diameter, and like the name suggests, a 8.25" ring gear.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back