8.25 ball and trunion drive shaft

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
i know the 8.25 rearend swap into a 7 1/4 requires a cut in the drive shaft which is about 1.25. I have the original drive shaft which is a ball and trunion the drive shaft can be pushed in some what, I'm not sure how much it it will go in. being able can I just push it in 1.25 and run that rearend? Or would I need to cut that bad boy.

If it has that much travel I would try it. Once installed make sure it has more travel for suspension up and down travel. I would try it first before I cut it myself.

If it has that much travel I would try it. Once installed make sure it has more travel for suspension up and down travel. I would try it first before I cut it myself.
Yeah I guess I'll measure the compressed drive shaft and see how much it measure down, because I know I would still need some room to get it bolted down

I was told by a driveshaft shop , to always cut the rear of shaft to shorten. Get less vibration that way. I have shortened several that way and ran them without re balancing .

correct *** end . do cut but old trunnion as u say go in to trans or replace trans to a any 727 newer modle . point I just restored a 67 A100 w that odd shaft cost me 400.00 runs great but a joint 2 replace is hi dollar. find one. stock and new. I found one.

-
Back