Status
Not open for further replies.

The_night_rider

Sheriff of Rockridge
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have an 8.25 rear end for sale. Came from a later 60s dart. Drums have been painted and turned. Has emergency brake cables. Just the rear end, no mounting hardware. Asking $225 for it. Plus the ride if you want to meet halfway from a reasonable distance.

Why O Why are these great parts so far away :banghead:
I am always keeping an eye out in my area for an early A 8 1/4 rear open or shure grip :blob:
These skinny 8 1/4's are hard to find for a 66 model bolt in and ready

Should move fast :hello2:

did late 60's darts come with 8.25 rears? my service manual only mentions 7.25, 8.75, and 9.75

Yeah that was my bad on that. It was in a late 60s dart. It was definatley swapped before it was pulled and sold to me.

ya i think its a 8 3/4 to here is a thing they just sent me
attachment.php

Good Morning All,

Let me begin with saying that I'm brand new (ie...joined the forum last night) and may have lots of "dumb" questions. But I just got a 74 duster with a slant 6 that I'm updating to a 360(already found a motor and have it torn down and ready for the machine shop). With that said, I've been hearing and told a lot that I should get an 8 3/4 for my car. Would the 8 1/4 be good enough (to help with costs)?

I appreciate the help and any advice!

Good Morning All,

Let me begin with saying that I'm brand new (ie...joined the forum last night) and may have lots of "dumb" questions. But I just got a 74 duster with a slant 6 that I'm updating to a 360(already found a motor and have it torn down and ready for the machine shop). With that said, I've been hearing and told a lot that I should get an 8 3/4 for my car. Would the 8 1/4 be good enough (to help with costs)?

This should be moved to its own thread, IMO. I've read that their is some interchangeability of gears that makes the 8 3/4 advantageous too. But Im pretty darn green myself.
I've also read that the 7.25 is just pretty darn useless and by implication anything is a lot better, my 7.25 rear still gets my as around just fine for now.
a selling thread is not the place to be asking and pointing out the advantages of one part over another.... IMO
<---- im with hypocrite

Good Morning All,

Yes, and yes. 8.25 is enough, save the 8 3/4 cash and buy the gears you WANT for your 8.25

Good Morning All,

the 8 1/4" rear is plenty strong enough for a street car, if you don't plan to beat on it to hard

I am with pishta , put your money to the 81/4 , if it is an 81/4 , unless you are going with ultimate horse power , i know alot of guys using the 81/4 at the track with slicks and have no problem , Gears are cheap , bearings and seal also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back