Status
Not open for further replies.

C2ndLTpigeon

Mopar or no Car!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a 8.25 Sure grip rear that will drop into my 73 Valiant, need the rear before I start work on my motor, no point in building a car with a 7.25 and I do not want to have to use a ford rear..... Im located in Indio CA, have cash burning a hole in my pocket. If someone has one please let me know.

Thanks

What size of motor you working on for your Valiant? If it’s a mild 318 then using the 7 1/4 until it breaks will be fine. I wouldn’t hold up the motor work waiting for a 8 1/4.

What size of motor you working on for your Valiant? If it’s a mild 318 then using the 7 1/4 until it breaks will be fine. I wouldn’t hold up the motor work waiting for a 8 1/4.

That's the plan with the motor mild 318 also I need better gearing otherwise the performance part of the engine is pointless with highway gears. I like to have all my ducks in a row before I start something. Seeing how I can't find a rear yet after my constant searching, I do not want to one day break the 7 1/4 and then be stuck searching for a rear and my car be down until I have one.

That's the plan with the motor mild 318 also I need better gearing otherwise the performance part of the engine is pointless with highway gears. I like to have all my ducks in a row before I start something. Seeing how I can't find a rear yet after my constant searching, I do not want to one day break the 7 1/4 and then be stuck searching for a rear and my car be down until I have one.
It is possible that a sure grip out of a Jeep Cherokee or a Dodge Dakota 8.25 will fit,, so perhaps check out the local pull a parts,, but I may be completely wrong so check that out first.

It is possible that a sure grip out of a Jeep Cherokee or a Dodge Dakota 8.25 will fit,, so perhaps check out the local pull a parts,, but I may be completely wrong so check that out first.

There is a seller local that has an 8.25 with 3.55 gears that is from an XJ and is a 29 spline. Just don't want something the requires too much modifying.

easiest 8-1/4 is an a body one then get sure grip from a dakota 5 bolt and use the gears and sure grip into your 8-1/4 dakotas had 355 in . junkyard in pa charges 50$ for a rear withought drums

easiest 8-1/4 is an a body one then get sure grip from a dakota 5 bolt and use the gears and sure grip into your 8-1/4 dakotas had 355 in . junkyard in pa charges 50$ for a rear withought drums

Problem in CA is JY are a rip off. Most do not let you pull the parts so they charge way more than its worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back