8 3/4 backing plates onto a small bolt with upgraded big bolt shafts

-
Those look like 11x3’s. The outside to outside backing plate measurement is about 1” wider than the inside brake drum dimensions. So a backing plate for 11” drums is 12” wide, backing plate for 10” drums is about 11” wide etc.
Ok I was thinking that as well, couldn't quite remember if the drum covered the backing plate or simply snugged up tight to the plate lip. Thanks for all the help, everyone.

Whatever you get be sure to record the vehical and year they came off of.

And when I say record I mean wright it down in 19 different places, maybe even etch it into the inside if the backing plate

Whatever you get be sure to record the vehical and year they came off of.

And when I say record I mean wright it down in 19 different places, maybe even etch it into the inside if the backing plate
Good idea. Because right now I have no idea. The guy I got them from said, "IDK I think a B body", while shrugging his shoulders. Guess I've got to do some research. 1 thing I'm almost 100% sure of, is that they're 3 inch shoes and 90% sure they're 11 inch diameter drums. But when I get it all figured out I'll right it down in 21 different places.

Ok looks like a 1966 Chrysler Imperial is the parts I'll need.

Screenshot_20211122-210713.png

Not drums for that application. Imperials have a different wheel bolt pattern. 5 1/2" IIRC.

Not drums for that application. Imperials have a different wheel bolt pattern. 5 1/2" IIRC.
Yeah Sheesh that could have been an expensive mistake. They are not available any how. But I found some 11X3 drums with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern center hole is 2.813 inches. Not sure what size the center hole is on an 8 3/4

Any late '68's- early '70's B, C, and E body had an 11 X 3" brake option. Pick one and get everything for that application.

One other thing. In regards to the backing plates and the adjuster cable/screw.
I've discovered that the adjuster mechanism that Chrysler used changed for the 1970+ model years or so it seems. So my question is, was there any difference between the backing plates for an 11x2.5 inch setup of say 1968 compared to the 11x2.5 inch plates of say 1971? As I am considering using the 1970+ adjuster overload spring cable setup but I am not positive which year of vehicle my plates came from. All I am sure of is they are 11x2.5.
PS I exchanged my 11x3inch plates for 11x2.5.
drum_brake_system.jpg
download (2).jpg

-
Back