8-3/4 Rear brake drop hose to short

-

pauls340

Reaction score
I have stock everything on my Demon340, 8-3/4, new brake lines, new hanger clips, stock dual mufflers, stock brass axle Tee Block, stock brake line bracket that holds rear drop hose that mounts on the topside of the muffler hanger bracket. The stock rear brake drop hose does not reach the tee block. The hose is 13.5" long and it needs 15". Are B body hoses longer? Where might i find longer hose? Thanks

Where is the breather in the housing?
Is it on the tube or up higher on the hump

What year car

Dorman H10304

17” long. I’ve used them a couple times.

Was not an issue for my 69. Fit like a glove. Pics would be nice!

You have to match the hose to the housing if the housing is not original to the car.

The fitting location changed from 1969 to 1970 models.

Where is the breather in the housing?
Is it on the tube or up higher on the hump

What year car
All stock, numbers matching '71 Demon 340. Breather is in correct spot on top of axle. Even though the connection between the hard brake line and the hose drop wasn't used properly, the bracket was still there. The top bolt in this pic shows where the bracket mounts. To the right of that bolt is a hole in the muffler bracket where the "finger" on the drop bracket goes.

Abody Muffler Hanger4.jpg

Is your suspension compressed, or is the car up on jack stands? I thought the one I got for my Duster was tight, until I realized my suspension was at full extension.

Pat

I would assume that with shocks removed and suspension hanging at full droop the hose would still have slack. As I understand it the earlier 69ish and older with the breather on the hump had a longer hose and the later year had a shorter hose.

How about a photo of the bracket in place

according to Rock auto:

67 rear hose is 14.6" long
71 rear hose is 13.7" long ( looks to be same fittings as 67)
74 rear hose is 14.5" long but has an integral distribution block attached

can you supply a photo of the mounting bracket on the body, perhaps you have it installed upside down or the like?

found this 70-71 parts book
is this your routing? If your "T" was facing to the drivers side, might be an issue.
upload_2020-4-4_16-38-33.png

70 - 71 parts book shows 3461728 is hose

upload_2020-4-4_16-45-18.png

Ebay listing from Brads NOS shows 3461728 is about 13.75" (AND get a load of the price!!!!!)
NOS Mopar 1971 Plymouth Cuda Dodge Challenger R/T REAR BRAKE HOSE pn 3461728 | eBay

Also are you using stock springs and shackles?
any chance the bracket you are using is not the correct one?

Is your suspension compressed, or is the car up on jack stands? I thought the one I got for my Duster was tight, until I realized my suspension was at full extension.

Pat
"chunk" (brick hittin' me upside the head sound), you're right Pat. Suspension was fully extended which should only happen when doing jumps! I ended up ordering another longer version. If i use that, only I will know it. Right? Thank you everyone for the reply's.
A body Brake Bracket rear 71.jpg
A body Brake Bracket rear.jpg

-
Back