8 3/4 rear disk brakes...Post 'em up!

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Got some fat rims that hit the bell shaped drums, post up some rear disk conversions! Home grown to big budget....pics!

Here you go. Doc Diff setup

rear end.jpg

My rear disc setup - 8.75 housing, caliper adapters from member dodgedifferent2 (powder coated by Leanna), LBP axles with standard tapered bearings. I had Moser shorten and respline a set of truck axles I bought, and locally sourced 94-04 base Mustang rotors and calipers. With this setup I found 14 inch Magnum 500's will clear the calipers as will of course any 15 inch rim. I estimate I have maybe $500 in this setup: $125 or thereabouts in the adapters, $200 total in the axles, and the rest in the calipers, rotors and brake hose.
IMG_5948.JPG
IMG_5949.JPG
IMG_5951.JPG

Last edited:
MBM, from pirate jack. They sell 4" stuff too. 11" with parking brake. Price is right over $400.
Now the disclaimer, I'm still in the build stage but they fit perfectly and look great.

20170210_152330.jpg

Pfst! Efffff youuuuuu

It was a question more for everybody else so they didn't have to goggle it. You could have spent 10 seconds to help all the mopar brothers here but instead you act like a jerk.

And it's a shame I have to use that word because I have a few others I'd like to use instead. Douche!

Last edited:
Ooh, that's what I should have googled..."MBM Pirate jack"..yeah, should have known!
  • Multi Drilled Bolt pattern.
  • 5x4 & 5x4.5 w/ 1/2 Studs
  • Does that mean the 5 on 4 takes 1/2 studs too? Cuz that would be a good trick.

Ooh, that's what I should have googled..."MBM Pirate jack"..yeah, should have known!
  • Multi Drilled Bolt pattern.
  • 5x4 & 5x4.5 w/ 1/2 Studs
  • Does that mean the 5 on 4 takes 1/2 studs too? Cuz that would be a good trick.

Good question. Not sure about that.

Got my small bolt rear disc from Dr Diff Cass. Late Mustang calipers, modified Toyota Cressida rotors with center insert bushings to match axle center. Had them for about 5 years work great.

Anyone using ECI brakes? Ralph uses off-the-shelf parts as well. USAF to live about two miles from the shop, never quite made it there.

-
Back