8 3/4 swap on 69 dart

-

69dodgedart318

Reaction score
would like to put an 8 3/4 rear in a 69 dart. Looking for advice or tips on what all problems people ran into or things to look for. Is there many or any modifications? Thanks guys

would like to put an 8 3/4 rear in a 69 dart. Looking for advice or tips on what all problems people ran into or things to look for. Is there many or any modifications? Thanks guys
If you find an A-body 8.75 you will need the correct U-bolts and lower spring/shock plates,
drive shaft may have to be modified or changed do to the different U-joint/yoke sizes, e-brake cables not sure on that one as I went with disc brakes on mine, brake lines are the easy part.

You can use the parking brake cables from the original rear end. I like to use a longer ruber brake hose from the axle to the body as the original ones are not really long enough.

I would try to find a body 8 3/4 driveshaft or at least use 8 3/4 driveshaft cut to fit vs. stock if any type of horsepower in engine.

Do you plan on going with big bolt pattern? If so, you will need backing plates and brakes off big bolt car, also axles, Dr Diff is a great place to get all that stuff, or they are available on here from time to time

-
Back