1. Mopar to ya

Mopar to ya Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:37 AM
    Okay, I have found several piece of crap vehicles that have 8.75 rears in them and am considering buying one. Most are old vans. I understand the spring perches need to move and the tubes will have to be cut. Where do I find specs, and what do I have to do about the axles? I hate to sound ignorant, but this is my first Mopar and I have to learn as I go.

2. rumblefish360

rumblefish360 So close, yet so far away FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    7:37 AM
    Ignorant? No problem, we were all there once and I still count myself as "Dumb Ass", so, your in good company. ;)

The actual width I can not remember off hand, but in the future, the MoPar Chassis book as this and loads of info. The engines book is a good one to, though narrowed veiwed since it is only a MoPar product they deal with. Excellent book(s) though.

You can get the axle ends new from Mancini and axles from alot of places normal to racing/hot rodding. Like, Strange, Yukon, Moser, etc.....
    I beileve theres an ongoing issue at mancini with there axles.

3. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    here are the axle measurements. depending on the rear you start with you may or may not be able to have the axles cut down and resplined by moser. if you can't use the axles then just call moser and order a set.

a-body housing should be 52 5/8" and the perches are 43" c to c

4. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  5. 67valiant 100

67valiant 100 go fast or go home

Local Time:
    Most vans and trucks had lower gears from the factory in them (3.55, 3.91, 4.10) and a pretty good chance of being a sure grip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.