8.75 for my A-body

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Okay, I have found several piece of crap vehicles that have 8.75 rears in them and am considering buying one. Most are old vans. I understand the spring perches need to move and the tubes will have to be cut. Where do I find specs, and what do I have to do about the axles? I hate to sound ignorant, but this is my first Mopar and I have to learn as I go.

Ignorant? No problem, we were all there once and I still count myself as "Dumb ***", so, your in good company. ;)

The actual width I can not remember off hand, but in the future, the MoPar Chassis book as this and loads of info. The engines book is a good one to, though narrowed veiwed since it is only a MoPar product they deal with. Excellent book(s) though.

You can get the axle ends new from Mancini and axles from alot of places normal to racing/hot rodding. Like, Strange, Yukon, Moser, etc.....
I beileve theres an ongoing issue at mancini with there axles.

here are the axle measurements. depending on the rear you start with you may or may not be able to have the axles cut down and resplined by moser. if you can't use the axles then just call moser and order a set.

a-body housing should be 52 5/8" and the perches are 43" c to c

Most vans and trucks had lower gears from the factory in them (3.55, 3.91, 4.10) and a pretty good chance of being a sure grip.

-
Back