LIONEL

Lio
Reaction score
Hi all

I’m installing a rear disc brake kit MDCDRD01
rear end is a 8.75 differential with 741 case housing
I’m ready to reinstall my rear axles with new no adjustable bearings WBK04
I would like to have confirmation for :
- Does the Inner housing axle seals need to be removed ?
- Does the two thrust buttons pinned together between the two axles need to be removed ?

Thanks
Lio

Yes and no.

Yes I would use a seal. Cheap insurance.

No it does not need to be removed IF it does not cause any interferiance left axle to right axle.

I would seat one axle then seat the other axle, if the first axle does not move. No need to remove the center button.

I have read both ways about this.

ok thanks for your feedback
i will try first to reinstall the axles without removing the button
best regards

Emailed Cass at Dr Diff and asked about these axles. Axle Pkg Stock Length Mopar 5X4 1/2" Bolt Pattern (pair) $298.00 Doctor Diff high-strength, 30 or 35 spline axle package. Question, are theses axles sufficient for 500+ HP?
His responce was, "I don't recommend ANY 30 spline axle for 500 hp if you drive the car hard, especially with a manual transmission. That is why NO manufacturer will warranty a 30 spline axle against twisting/breakage (Mark Williams, Strange, Moser, Currie etc...). 35 spline axles with a spool are fine, though."
Does any one have any experience with this product? I have read, even on thos forum that a stock 8.75 rear end could handle 500HP. and these are high strength axles. What are your opinons.

Saw this on face book a few days ago.

Screenshot_20230226-153548.png

I am still using stock Mopar axles in my 8 3/4 with slicks and enough motor (440/727) to have gone low elevens. I think have about 500 crank, 400 wheel hp.
I DO think I have been lucky so far, and when I put in my 522, I think a dana will be required.
I won't put a bunch of money into ANY 8 3/4, I would sell it before I break it, and invest on a nine/dana 60.
Regarding the pic of the twisted splines: I did that too, to a pair of 8 3/4 axles in a V8 Vega. They were stock Mopar that had been shortened and resplined, and then insufficiently hardened after.
I'm pretty sure that the Doctors axles would be an improvement over my stock Mopar axles.

Last edited:
-
Back