Status
Not open for further replies.

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I bought a Wilwood brake kit for an 8.75 rear several years ago from either someone here on FABO or over on Moparts… I do not have the kit number but after trying to mock it up today on my rear end it appears to be a 2.36 offset kit and after measuring my rear I actually need a 2.50 offset kit… hence why I haven't been able to get this kit to space properly.

So this kit is up for sale. Its a used kit -- Come withs brackets, calipers, parking brake calipers, rotors, with new hats (previous owner drilled them out, so I replaced them) disc pads, and parking brake pads, basically everything that I got with it when I bought it years ago. Calipers are black. -- $400 + Shipping.

see the pics of what I mocked up… and the parts laid out

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_3874.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_3875.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_3876.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_3883.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_3878.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_3879.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_3881.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_3882.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_3884.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 526
Does this kit not push your wheels far enough out or what is the difference between this kit and the one you need?

I bought a Wilwood brake kit for an 8.75 rear several years ago from either someone here on FABO or over on Moparts… I do not have the kit number but after trying to mock it up today on my rear end it appears to be a 2.36 offset kit and after measuring my rear I actually need a 2.50 offset kit… hence why I haven't been able to get this kit to space properly.

So this kit is up for sale. Its a used kit -- Come withs brackets, calipers, parking brake calipers, rotors, with new hats (previous owner drilled them out, so I replaced them) disc pads, and parking brake pads, basically everything that I got with it when I bought it years ago. Calipers are black. -- $400 + Shipping.

see the pics of what I mocked up… and the parts laid out

I had a similar issue, had a .14 thick spacer made to go between the rotor hat and axle that worked nicely.

I'm going to call Wilwood on monday to see if they have a fix... But I'm not looking to rig it to work since these are going on a high HP set up, so I want to to work right as its suppose to... Till then they are for sale... And the correct set up will be bought next week after talking to Wilwood.

I'm going to call Wilwood on monday to see if they have a fix... But I'm not looking to rig it to work since these are going on a high HP set up, so I want to to work right as its suppose to... Till then they are for sale... And the correct set up will be bought next week after talking to Wilwood.

Nothing rigged about it. A nice high quality spacer between the axel and the rotor to get correct spacing. Not anymore hocky than using the kits supplied washers for centering the calipers. Wilwood will probably tell you that you need new axles with correct offset. Got to love aftermarket parts and making them work together.

Report back on Willwoods solution, I'm curious as I believe we likely have or had the same issue.

Is that for small or large bolt pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back