800cfm dubbelpumper

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
i have a 800cfm dubbelpumper spreadbore carb i got my hands on with an old tunnelram manifold, think the carb is pretty intresting since i havent seen any of these anywhere and i cant find it in the Holley catalog so i gues its no longer possible to buy new, this carb is missing some smallparts like accelerator pump cam and a floatbowl and looks alitle rough but i have taken it apart to see if all surfaces are still straight and/or square and that is the case so i wonder is it worth trying to put it back togheter and get some new parts for it or should i just try to get rid of it?
i think that it may suit my 340 pretty good small primaries to keep it hapy at low RPM and realy big secondarys for high rpm power..
what do you think? is there a reason why they stoped making them?
thanks in advance

I had an 650 dp speadbore on a 340 duster back in 83, it had a holley street dominator intake, i loved that carb, when you open the sec. it felt like NOS.

When ever I see one of those old Holley spreadbore carbs I think scrap pile. I never had much luck with them. I much prefer a Thermoquad.

yeah i dont like holleys cause my car does not seem to like them, just thought it was something diferent. working on tuning in my edelbrock right now and it works pretty good even if it is to big for most peoples taste...

-
Back