'83 stepside parts runner/hauler

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
GOING TO PICK IT UP SATURDAY! also I found out that between liability and full coverage insurance is only $80 dollars. Full coverage is only $265 for 6 months. Hell Yes! What should I do to it? or should I just drive it? I am still picking up parts for the dart sport: see link http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=101582

I know I need to redo the seat as it is ripped and just has a cover over it, and I was also thinking about putting a bedliner in it to keep from scratching up the bed while hauling some mopar parts! What else should I do? Stacks to finish off the midnight express look? Let me hear some opinions!
3nb3k33pe5V45Q45U3a735c060686a27013db.jpg

3n23m93pd5V35T45P0a73b6da7590b2f4138e.jpg

3ne3k53o75O25Q65T4a73a81167b8a5971989.jpg

3b24770c.jpg

79958620.jpg

115ca0eb.jpg

If it's a parts hauler i would not do any thing inside, just a bed liner if you wish to keep from damaging the bed and stacks if you like them[ i personally never liked the side pipe stack look of the lil red express] and safety items are addressed, you can replace that stuff when your done with your other project and not beating the s--t out of it.

I like it! Very similar to the Warlock stepside I owned when I was young

That's what I was thinking lou but I mean the seat has the springs coming out with hardly any padding so something has to be done.

In that case you should fix that don't need to get poked in the rear by a pesky spring not very comfortable also. That looks like a nice truck for the price it's too bad the aftermarket was not kind to those trucks[lowering kits ect.] enjoy it good luck with the project.

going to get this thing tomorrow is the only thing keepin me motivated on graveyard shift tonight, well that and a paycheck

Went and picked it up on Sat. it was about 30 min. from SC and took 4 hours to get there. Paint and Body work are not satisfactory by any means (pics do not do justice of the waves and dents in the paint) however the engine trans runs amazing. I drove the truck the whole way home only stopping for gas once and to check the fluids. I did 70-75 the whole way back no problems, as soon as i pulled in the driveway i noticed the engine was heating up and the voltmeter was going down and shut it off. rolled down the driveway opened the hood and the belt had come loose from the water pump/alternator. Got lucky there! But I'm going to resand and smooth etc and put it in primer before repainting it, not sure if i'm going to put the midnight express on it but other than that just needs little stuff done. GIVE ME SOME IDEAS!

you don't want that thing sitting in your driveway, so I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands.

That is a sharp looking truck! I am sure you would have very little trouble selling if you chose to.

I may be having to get rid of the dart sport though to help out with some family stuff unfortunately

Why not sell the truck then and keep the A body? Or is the Dart a total restoration project?

One things for sure,put the Dart up for sale here at a reasonable price and it will sell.

Dart is a complete resto, I have got a lot of parts for it but haven't started it, that and it's hard to go work on it cuz I have it at a buddies garage about 30 min. away

-
Back