88 Dakota drag project

-
Sorry For Your Loss, That's an AWESOME ride. RIP...
Thanks, an old lady did a U turn on a 4 lane highway and hit him on his motorcycle, knocked him under a parked roll back tow truck, he slid until he hit the rear axle. If the roll back was not there, he would have probably made it.

Back in the shop…

8D02D1F4-7A58-49F6-BB3A-468D84EA9761.jpeg

Thanks, an old lady did a U turn on a 4 lane highway and hit him on his motorcycle, knocked him under a parked roll back tow truck, he slid until he hit the rear axle. If the roll back was not there, he would have probably made it.
Damn it Man, my Sons Grandfather passed really similarly. Nice day for a Harley Ride, then along comes an elderly lady. Again, Sorry to hear about your Friend

First off, thank you to anyone that has commented or liked any of the pictures….I’m having fun with this build. I have had this thing sitting off to the side for a little over 20 years. Was never really interested in it.. but now have set some goals for it and having fun. Got the center section cleaned up and painted yesterday, it’s a 489 case with a 4.10 gear. Ordered some axle housing seals this morning and a gasket for the center section. Axles are here ready to go with fresh green bearings on them.

First off, thank you to anyone that has commented or liked any of the pictures….I’m having fun with this build. I have had this thing sitting off to the side for a little over 20 years. Was never really interested in it.. but now have set some goals for it and having fun. Got the center section cleaned up and painted yesterday, it’s a 489 case with a 4.10 gear. Ordered some axle housing seals this morning and a gasket for the center section. Axles are here ready to go with fresh green bearings on them.
When it's finished, where will be the "home track" ? Cordova? Bryron?

Painted underside of the cab last night gloss black. Frame is getting slid back under and bolted up today. Planning to build some sort of bridge underneath the rear cross members, so I have something for my pinion snubber to ride on…

E7F4459E-2DA4-4679-8E31-2CE20333085D.jpeg

644214DE-01A4-42CE-9075-2AAF8152D8EA.jpeg

She’s heavy duty now! Engine is a standard bore ,standard stroke, steel crank 440. New bearings and rings. Flat top piston. Hydraulic flat tappet cam for now. Has a stock transmission on it for now with a Hughes 3200 converter. My welder died today so will need to get that fixed and make some tabs for the motor plate.

0E0C3FC9-9B10-4975-A6C6-87F1F8B32F91.jpeg

BB105404-D5F6-4F48-B958-3EE838A856C2.jpeg

No trans mount and crossmember are in place right there where it sits…I plan to do some core support modifications for the radiator setup. It was tight up there with the small block.

Made some brackets for the frame/motor plate. Picked up this shifter from a member on here, knowing it didn’t have the hardware kit with it. So planning to make it work, will need to get a handle for it…

358145EF-2620-4B8E-8459-E432A0830C0E.jpeg

8208B55E-8805-42ED-8222-33DB5F883493.jpeg

-
Back