89 360 engine

-
Thank you. I ended up getting a 89 318 throttle body injection. Which do you think is best, 2 barrell or 4 barrel carb on that motor. I have a 600 cfm edelbrock carb already, but im looking for the best running setup.
I would get a dual plane 4bbl intake. Shop 2nd hand or buy new. Weiand Action plus would be a great intake for it. But many, many intakes available. the 600 eddy carb is a good carb and will run it well, but not the best performance carb in my opinion. Should work well for you though.

Thank you. I ended up getting a 89 318 throttle body injection. Which do you think is best, 2 barrell or 4 barrel carb on that motor. I have a 600 cfm edelbrock carb already, but im looking for the best running setup.

I would get a dual plane 4bbl intake. Shop 2nd hand or buy new. Weiand Action plus would be a great intake for it. But many, many intakes available. the 600 eddy carb is a good carb and will run it well, but not the best performance carb in my opinion. Should work well for you though.

I believe that the Edelbrock 600 carb is a square bore carb... The Wiand Action Plus is a spread bore intake...

I would recommend the Wiand Stealth over the Action Plus as it's a square bore intake that will match the carb better without having to use a restrictive adapter...

Also the Wiand Stealth is rated from idle - 6800 RPM, where the Action Plus is rated from idle - 6000 RPM... The Stealth can go 800 more RPM on the top end and still pull strong off idle...

Stealth:

Weiand 8022WND Weiand Stealth™ Intake - Chrysler Small Block V8

Action Plus:

Also to the original poster - Welcome to FABO.... :welcome:
Welcome to FABO.gif

I believe that the Edelbrock 600 carb is a square bore carb... The Wiand Action Plus is a spread bore intake...

I would recommend the Wiand Stealth over the Action Plus as it's a square bore intake that will match the carb better without having to use a restrictive adapter...

Also the Wiand Stealth is rated from idle - 6800 RPM, where the Action Plus is rated from idle - 6000 RPM... The Stealth can go 800 more RPM on the top end and still pull strong off idle...

Stealth:

Action Plus:

Also to the original poster - Welcome to FABO.... :welcome: View attachment 1715327402

no adaptor needed. I'm running a Action plus on my 318 with a Holley 770. As I said, many choices. Action plus is cheaper and will perform great on that 318. IF a person wanted to add a 12 dollar eddy square plate, fine. Sell them at any O'reilly's or ebay, etc

no adaptor needed. I'm running a Action plus on my 318 with a Holley 770. As I said, many choices. Action plus is cheaper and will perform great on that 318. IF a person wanted to add a 12 dollar eddy square plate, fine. Sell them at any O'reilly's or ebay, etc

I wasn't sure if a square bore carb would bolt on the Action Plus without an adapter... I've never tried that combo before...

But I still like the Stealth a little better as it has 800 more RPM on the top end...

I wasn't sure if a square bore carb would bolt on the Action Plus without an adapter... I've never tried that combo before...

But I still like the Stealth a little better as it has 800 more RPM on the top end...
right now I have 2 Action plus intakes and 1 stealth. Stealth is comparable to the Eddy RPM (not airgap), and the power added to the top comes from some on the bottom end

right now I have 2 Action plus intakes and 1 stealth. Stealth is comparable to the Eddy RPM (not airgap), and the power added to the top comes from some on the bottom end

I've been running LD340's and LD4B's lately...

Haven't gotten around to my Stealth yet....

You'll want to look behind the block off plate. I have an 89 teener here that doesn't have one.

if its not machined for a fuel pump it can be! or just swap for a earlyer LA timing cover that is! what heads on your 318? probably 302s, great heads for a teener!!

Just need to know if this motor has a fuel pump eccentric? Its throttle body injection.

Is it a 360 or a 318?
Either way it will have the long snout cam in it even if it doesn't have a eccentric. So you can put the eccentric on it to run a fuel pump if you need to.

Isn’t Krazy referring to the Edelbrock carb on the weiand intake?

I've gotten all my parts together, got a procomp hei distributor, went to install it and the rotor doesn't point in the same direction as the one in the old distributor does, what can i do?

Line number one wire up with where the rotor points, continue firing order from there

I had one that was clocked 45 degrees different.

Set top dead center. Look under the distributor cap at which plug wire the rotor is sitting at. That wire becomes the #1 cylinder wire. Then go clockwise for the firing order. 18436572.

While true, how often are you above 6K?
There are two differences between the intakes. The spread vs square bore carb pad and directly under it is a smaller plenum if the Stealth vs the ever so slightly larger one of the Action Plus because it accommodate the Thermalquad. Otherwise, it’s the same damn intake.

Most street bills will make max horsepower slightly after 6000 RPM. The extra ceiling to 6800 RPM is small potatoes and really a un-used RPM range for something the original poster said just running good. It’s not like the intake quits making power @ 6K and falls on its face.

Most any dual plane will work well and the 600 CFM Carb will fill the bill just fine.

Have there been anymore modifications to the engine?

-
Back