90 degree oil filter adapter filter

-

prorac1

Reaction score
we are having a hard time finding a part number for the smaller diameter oil filter that the adapter needs.

What is everyone running?

All I can find is the PH8A, which is the large diameter to fit directly to the block. The adapter looks as if it used a smaller filter.

Thanks. Eric

Wix 51515 or napa gold equivalent. IMO fram = junk. Pretty sure the adapter uses same filter as with no adapter.

Fram PH8A is correct, WIX 51515 also! I just changed my oil Saturday and either of these are correct! 65'

oil filter.jpg

i use this one

we are having a hard time finding a part number for the smaller diameter oil filter that the adapter needs.

im not sure this statement makes sense
isnt the whole point of the adapter that you can run headers without having to use a smaller filter?

Napa 1085 short oil filter (3.836 inch)
Napa Gold 1215 (3.404 inch)

Diameter and threads are the same. Length is what differs.
When not using the 90 degree adapter, there is a steel plate that goes onto the block.

NAPA 1215 is the same micron rating as a comparable 1515, 1068, or 1085. Biggest difference is the filter material. those numbers are longest to shortest. 21 micron on all 3, and a kickass beta ratio of 2/20 = 6/20. To break it down heres how it works. According to the beta ratio chart, the first rating, 2/20, means that the media rating of 2 is 50% efficient at catching particulates down to 6 microns in size. The second rating, 6/20 means that the rating of 6 is 95% efficient at catching particles 20 microns and larger. most industrial filters are a higher micron rating and wix doesnt supply beta ratios for them.

Just a fyi. If you need an even smaller diameter filter for any clearance issues. The filter for the 85-91 2.2 and 2.5 dodge turbo engines will spin right on. It has the same size gasket and thread.

im not sure this statement makes sense
isnt the whole point of the adapter that you can run headers without having to use a smaller filter?

It's not a length issue. It's the gasket surface diameter of the adapter. It appears to take a smaller filter.

I will have to check it again. But it appeared to be a smaller diameter.

IMG_3797.PNG

all the filters for SB have the same gasket size, it is just the length of the filter that is different

I have the adapter with the 51515 wix filter on it

Yup. It's not the size of the can that matters, but the size of the gasket

It's not a length issue. It's the gasket surface diameter of the adapter. It appears to take a smaller filter.

I will have to check it again. But it appeared to be a smaller diameter.

View attachment 1715152990

It doesn't. It takes the same filter that screws directly to the side of the block with no adapter.

Take that stupid adapter off. Just another spot to get a leak. 090 Mopar filter at Walmart. (It's the black one with the big blue M) $6.29

Thank you very much everyone. That's exactly what I was looking for. I greatly appreciate the help. Thanks again. Eric

If you look at this picture you can see the filter is larger than the adapter.
2008-06-30_001.jpg

Alan

-
Back