90 Degree oil filter adapter

-

CichliDart

Well, where is it now?
Reaction score
Has anyone use one of these http://www.manciniracing.com/ma90deoilfia.html 90 degree oil filter adapters on a stock k Member?

I'm hoping that it not only clears better but you can use a large filter.

Looks like Mopar built it for this but I don't know the history on it. Just discovered today while window shopping for 5.7 swap.

Also wondering what the sensor fitting is for? Pressure?

Attachments

• mancini-90-degree-oil-filter-adapter-kit-5-7-6-1-16.gif.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 936
  • mancini-90-degree-oil-filter-adapter-kit-5-7-6-1-19.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 863
Interesting. I hadn't seen those before. That sure looks like the oil pressure sender in the pic. You could also use that port for a temp sensor if your pressure sender is in the block already.

I am guessing here because I have not built a 3G A body, but from what I have seen it looks like it would allow the use of the longer oil filter like you said. When using the factory 45 degree adapter, guys usually need to trim the drip lip to clear the k frame and use the shorter oil filter to have enough room to remove it.

I'm not sure it would fit in mine at least. I have so little room between my block off plate and TTI mount adapters and isolator... Here's a pic from TTIs site it's about how close mine is...

For about the back 1" of my plate there is less than 1/4" space. Once you get past the mount it looks like it would have no other interference on mine at least with the car front cover and acc.

That said, I'd love to ditch the remote filter... Maybe a spool mount K would be better.

Joe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,546
I'm not sure it would fit in mine at least. I have so little room between my block off plate and TTI mount adapters and isolator... Here's a pic from TTIs site it's about how close mine is...

For about the back 1" of my plate there is less than 1/4" space. Once you get past the mount it looks like it would have no other interference on mine at least with the car front cover and acc.

That said, I'd love to ditch the remote filter... Maybe a spool mount K would be better.

Joe

Joe that is an excellent picture. Whoops, just noticed it probably is a TTi pic.
I hope to use a spool K member with TTi mounts. I really hope this 90 degree adapter works. Even though it is almost twice the price of the 45 degree adapter it would be nice to skip the remote filter as well as notching or denting the k member as some have done.

Mike

Pretty sure the spool K is same or worse. If you can weld and fab do yourself a favor and make your own mounts, and keeping the stock K members' towers, especially on the passenger side, only makes things worse. My /6 biscuit K has the tower low enough to make my own spool mount, I think 318/340 K's are close.

Attachments

• emil 2014 421.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 811
Pretty sure the spool K is same or worse. If you can weld and fab do yourself a favor and make your own mounts, and keeping the stock K members' towers, especially on the passenger side, only makes things worse. My /6 biscuit K has the tower low enough to make my own spool mount, I think 318/340 K's are close.

Thanks for the picture, information and advice.

Not afraid to try and fab something but my welding skills are about 30 years old and were not too good to begin with. I do have some friends that weld and I can probably get them to do it or teach me. One of them is supposed to give a friend and I a course on it.

Someone posted about using Gen 3 hemi mounts from one of the hot rod websites that does a lot of engine swaps in to older cars. I will give that a look see as well.

Mike

That is a temperature sensor
There is one of those for sale on MOPARTS

Thanks Eeka440.

I went there the day after you replied but I was not able to find it. Guess I need to learn to navigate more kinds of forums. Did you happen to see a part number for it?

Thanks!

Mike

Looks like p/n 04893402AA is printed across the top of the box in the picture?

Not certain it is the same though. Pictures online are just the "schematic" drawings from place like MoparPartsOverstock and look more like the 45 degree adapter.

Just pointing it out...

Looks like p/n 04893402AA is printed across the top of the box in the picture?

Not certain it is the same though. Pictures online are just the "schematic" drawings from place like MoparPartsOverstock and look more like the 45 degree adapter.

Just pointing it out...

Thank you for finding that in the picture. My phone and laptop screen are not large enough to pull that up.

I asked one seller if they could verify if it was a 90 degree or 45 degree adapter. I will post back if I get an answer.

Mike

athe one I have for sale on Moparts is PN 5301680AF
$110 shipped.
FYI. this adapter is angled towards the front.

the 45 degree one I have faces front

Thank you Eeka,

I am looking for the 90 Degree unit. The hope is that using the 90 degree unit we will not have to use a filter relocation kit or make a notch in the k member. Also be able to use a full sized oil filter.

Mike

I am home sick this week and got tired of not finding anymore information. I went ahead and bought it. If it is not what it is supposed to be I will send it back. When I get it I will take more pictures and provide measurements etc.

Unfortunately I am nowhere near ready to install the engine to show how it fits.

Mike

Subscribed.

Thanks for the post.

I am thinking of doing the Direct Connection K-Member modification as outlined over at Big Block Dart.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dck.shtml

I would only modify the passenger side spool mount. The original specs call for moving the mount back 13/16th of an inch, I THINK (I won't know for sure until I get the spool mounts and the filter adapter) that 13/16" will be enough, if it's not I don't see why I can't move it back up to 1 1/2" easily. The benefit of moving the passenger side mount 13/16" as outlined in the above is I could use it to swap in a big block by modifying the the drivers side mount if desired. (I don't think I'd ever want to, but you never know.)

I think a true 90 would be great as this would mean that I wouldn't have to also notch the front of the K-member.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Yes, I realize that I would have to also modify the spool mount made by either TTI or Schumacher.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Here's a cropped and rotated pick of the one above, although not 90 degrees it's closer to 90 than 45.

Below that is another pick of the common 45 degree adapter, compare the 2, it APPEARS that the first is closer to 90 than the second.

Blue lines were added to show a straight reference line to show deviation from 90 degrees.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Attachments

• Oil Filter 1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 659
  • Oil Filter 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 427
Joe,

Thanks for the Big Block Dart information and re doing the pics to show a better angle of the adapter.

I did order the "90" degree adapter from Mancini but need to contact them to update my method of payment. Been mostly out of commission the last week and a half with a lung infection.

Soon as that part arrives I will get some measurements and post them,

45 and 90 degree adapters, nice to have more options. :D

Mike

Subscribed.

Thanks for the post.

I am thinking of doing the Direct Connection K-Member modification as outlined over at Big Block Dart.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/dck.shtml

I would only modify the passenger side spool mount. The original specs call for moving the mount back 13/16th of an inch, I THINK (I won't know for sure until I get the spool mounts and the filter adapter) that 13/16" will be enough, if it's not I don't see why I can't move it back up to 1 1/2" easily. The benefit of moving the passenger side mount 13/16" as outlined in the above is I could use it to swap in a big block by modifying the the drivers side mount if desired. (I don't think I'd ever want to, but you never know.)

I think a true 90 would be great as this would mean that I wouldn't have to also notch the front of the K-member.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back