904 6 bolt crank flexplate internal balance

-

scampy

Reaction score
So while waiting for the stroker kit to come in I see that our new crank will be a 6 bolt our previous was a 8 bolt and we run a race convertor 8" with a 904,figures no problem but b&m only shows theirs for 727??? So in searching I see this cat product FP-440L states works with both and is the sfi i will need but the price just seems too good anybody run these in their 10 second heavy a body,should the bm 10230 work even though it states 727,I see these are all larger od than what we have,or i also see a hayes a prw brand as well.
I thought this would be a quick dial on the phone and part to the door,I don't want to have problems or go cheap here,so what are you all using out there

I bought the 904 B&M flex plate, 6 bolt.

SFI approved. I haven't run the car yet but it did balance nicely.
Crank went from 60 grams out to .5 gram.

20180208_114724_zpsdwn79vpv.jpg

Also the guy who dose our balance recommended the B&M and he's been balancing for almost 30 years.

Last edited:
I used the B&M 10235 on my 904, just have to use a newer starter off a mid 90's magnum. Old mopar starter will not clear the flex plate.

Well i got a reply from bm and they state they don't have a flexplate for our 340 internal balance 6 bolt crank 904,I find this odd.I see PRW 1844010 says it fits both 904 and 727 and is sfi any thoughts on that unit,just have always used a bm with our big blocks never thought this was going to be an issue,figured it would be pretty standard stuff

ok just for another option tci makes an sfi for the 904 with the 10''converter pattern

I have the B&M 10230. 340 crank 6 bolt crank, internal balance, 904 transmission. I have no idea why Jegs, Summit, etc... only list it for a 727. Its been on the car for awhile, but if I remember correctly, the inner little holes match up to the 904 converter.

I used the B&M 10235 on my 904, just have to use a newer starter off a mid 90's magnum. Old mopar starter will not clear the flex plate.

Is that the same starter everyone refers to as a "mini-starter"?

Looking at reviews on Summit for about five versions of the "mini-starter" there were many negative comments regarding installation--mainly how terminals had been located too close to block and grinding necessary to put socket on bolt.

Last edited:
Is that the same starter everyone refers to as a "mini-starter"?

Looking at reviews on Summit for about five versions of the "mini-starter" there were many negative comments regarding installation--mainly how terminals had been located too close to block and grinding necessary to put socket on bolt.

I bought a junk yard starter off a 95 5.2 dodge truck. Never had any trouble putting wires on it.

-
Back