-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyP

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a 904 converter, can be used I'll take the chance, something in the 3000 stall range, I'd like a 10", located in eastern PA

Well, I have a nice used converter that meets your parameters, but it’s for an early trans with the small front register. Which motor/trans combo are you running?

Well, I have a nice used converter that meets your parameters, but it’s for an early trans with the small front register. Which motor/trans combo are you running?
thats actually perfect because I just got a forged 273 crank from a 66, should be the right size

I had Rich from Winners Choice Transmission Parts in PA build mine based on my motor, rear end and transmission. Best thing I could ever done, works beautifully.

thats actually perfect because I just got a forged 273 crank from a 66, should be the right size

You would also need to be running a 66 or earlier trans as the spline count is different than the 67 and later trans. This is a Frank Lupo built unit, 3000 stall, it came out of my Commando 66 Cuda. It has about 100 miles on it, it was just too much converter for my purpose.

I was reading that the different size is only certain 1965 models? how many spline and what size is the input on your transmission?

also what kind of money are we talking? I tried sending you a private message and it says your mailbox is full, thanks!

The different spline count is on all 904 between 63 and 67. I have an extra 66 trans from a Commando car that needs a rebuild, if you’d be interested in that as well. I live in Michigan, near Ann Arbor. I would go $200 on the converter, or $300 on the converter and trans combo.

My inbox is full because I just lost my Gold membership status and haven’t had the chance to up my membership yet. I paid $600 for the converter, which was specifically made for my combo at the time, just didn’t perform with the combo because I had to remove the a999 planetary I installed.

Ah shipping will be an issue, maybe you would consider selling me just the input and the converter?

Another question, did you feel like it was too much stall speed for you? curious what engine setup you were running, cam,ect.? I'm putting together a 318 with a decent cam, 3.23 rear

I’m trying to re-up my gold membership so we can message back and forth, but it will be a couple days, I have to transfer $$ into my PayPal to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back