904 convertor shipping

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Usps flat rate large 12x12x6 box is a perfect fit for a 904 convertor and at $18.xx shipped anywhere in usa, it's a bargain considering the weight of a drained convertor. DRAIN and Cut a thumb off a latex glove and slip it over the snout for a leak resistant trip.

Usps flat rate large 12x12x6 box is a perfect fit for a 904 convertor and at $18.xx shipped anywhere in usa, it's a bargain considering the weight of a drained convertor. DRAIN and Cut a thumb off a latex glove and slip it over the snout for a leak resistant trip.
Oh yeah, intakes fit in the other large "game" box if you remove the studs! Now if they would only make a size to fit a cylinder head......

The Post Office used to offer a 24x12x3 large flat rate box that was perfect for a single plane manifold without carb studs. Apparently not offered anymore as a flat rate box!

The Post Office used to offer a 24x12x3 large flat rate box that was perfect for a single plane manifold without carb studs. Apparently not offered anymore as a flat rate box!

Hey, that was my go to box for flat intakes, WTH?

I bet I could go to our PO’s storage area right now and find cases of those large boxes that still say Flat Rate (I was a rural carrier there for a few years!). Would they still honor them - who knows?!

What does an empty converter weight??..
Dude, it was suprisingly heavy. Maybe 30#? I'm not good at weight estimating, but I drained about 25 oz of fluid out of it, 3/4 of a Big Gulp cup. The link still says flat rate on the box..? I'm going to order some anyway.

I bet I could go to our PO’s storage area right now and find cases of those large boxes that still say Flat Rate (I was a rural carrier there for a few years!). Would they still honor them - who knows?!
I doubt it since it's supposed to be out of circulation. It's possible the you could find a window clerk that didn't know but you run the risk of a USPS employee on the receiving end recognizing that the postage is short and billing the addressee for the shortage.

it's not flat rate.
Box.jpg

C'mon now, IF IT FITS IT SHIPS? I'd be asking for a postmaster saying I just got these flat rate labeled boxes from your website so what's the dealio?

I doubt it since it's supposed to be out of circulation. It's possible the you could find a window clerk that didn't know but you run the risk of a USPS employee on the receiving end recognizing that the postage is short and billing the addressee for the shortage.
Return to sender, and have them eat that return postage too. I'd like to see that happen. Remember forever stamps?

Yep, it's still available on the USPS web site so it's not obsolete...use it at will!

I was looking at the web site to order some and couldn’t find it - all they showed for large flat rate boxes was the 12x12x6

-
Back