904 transmission pan and gasket.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hi guys hope your are fine.Well it looks like i need a new pan +gasket.my pan is to bent up.can you help me out. spent most of the day calling and got no wear.it looks like aftermarket is the only choice, but funds are low, what are my choices? also i called my local dodge dealer to get the reuseable pan gasket and the say i would have to buy 10 to get 1 not what i wanted too hear lol. so i need part numbers for the pan + gasket.some of the parts store just dont want to help unless i have part numbers.thanks again.

Jeeps worth a try what year, as for the gasket i have to buy 10 to get my 1 for my dodge dealer.

Jeeps worth a try what year, as for the gasket i have to buy 10 to get my 1 for my dodge dealer.
I think I bought both of mine from Summit. If you use a deep pan you should use a filter extension. More $$$ if you're on a budget. Original pan gasket flange is bent? You can tap it straight with a piece of wood and a small hammer. Works the same with valve covers. They get distorted around the bolt holes. Unless you have a hot rod, a stock pan works fine. Start a wanted thread for a nice used one.

Found them cheap

Screenshot_20210225-175105_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210225-174956_Chrome.jpg

All the part numbers you need are in the thread I posted a link to above. Put the part numbers in Rockauto site and rock and roll. Pay attention, somebody already did all the work for you.
Hi guys hope your are fine.Well it looks like i need a new pan +gasket.my pan is to bent up.can you help me out. spent most of the day calling and got no wear.it looks like aftermarket is the only choice, but funds are low, what are my choices? also i called my local dodge dealer to get the reuseable pan gasket and the say i would have to buy 10 to get 1 not what i wanted too hear lol. so i need part numbers for the pan + gasket.some of the parts store just dont want to help unless i have part numbers.thanks again.

Every trans I work on has a bent up pan, but I have a process that ensures no leaks. I have a hammer I ground the head of so it's convex, so I can lay the pan rail on a steel plate and hammer the pooched up holes back down. I go a little extra and knock them at least 1/16" below flush and use a stiff gasket like a Duraprene $3.50, NO rubber, or cork or some mixture of neoprene. Just a stiff fiber gasket. And NO sealer whatsoever. Anytime a steel pan is removed it needs to be hammered on or it will leak.

well just got back from carquest and i have pan, SWEET thanks again you guy rock.1 more thing how many extra fluid you think 2 ?

Last edited:
-
Back