911 comp valve springs

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys i just installed new #911 comp cam valve springs on my 906 heads. the 911 springs have a little larger inside diameter than my stock springs. can i use my stock retainers? thanks

Check your installed height and seat pressure, If you install them at 1.85 you may have too much seat pressure.

I wouldn't use stock used retainers on anything. Almost all of them I have ever examined with a magnifying glass revealed cracks on the under side of the lip where the locks engage the retainer. This 331 Hemi I have for example. I didn't even need a magnifying glass. The center holes in the retainers were opening up from the cracks and valves were getting ready to drop. New retainers are cheap. Get some.

Check your installed height and seat pressure, If you install them at 1.85 you may have too much seat pressure.

i will check the installed height. another thing is on my 911 springs the center damper(spring) is not positioned in the center of the main spring ( from top to bottom) Is that normal? thanks

Yeah, that's normal for the damper. As Rusty said, those retainers might not be as reliable once you increase your spring pressures. If the installed height is not correct then it might be a good time to get some new retainers ( + 0.050 ones) and fix both situations.

-
Back