'95 Grand Cherokee 5.2 tranny

-

fredsmopar

Reaction score
I heard that the transmission from a '95 5.2 Liter Jeep Grand Cherokee would fit in some a-body vehicles. I have a 73 Duster with a 340. Does anyone know if this is a fit?

completely different animal then the chrysler transmissions

it should be a jeep version of the A-518/46RE and its huge

completely different animal then the chrysler transmissions

it should be a jeep version of the A-518/46RE and its huge

Isn't the Jeep 5.2 just a 5.2 Dodge magnum like Ram's and Dakota's used?

I agree it is a much larger trans. and will require cutting and welding to make it fit but I thought by 95 Jeeps used Dodge truck engines so it'd bolt up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't the Jeep 5.2 just a 5.2 Dodge magnum like Ram's and Dakota's used?

I agree it is a much larger trans. and will require cutting and welding to make it fit but I thought by 95 Jeeps used Dodge truck engines so it'd bolt up. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought the jeep used a starter on the opposite side but that may only be the inline 6

I think it is a regular Mopar transmission, as used behind all Magnum engines. If so, many posts on installing one. You have to cut the tunnel and custom weld a new floor section since it is wider with the over-drive section. I recall you also need to wire a manual switch for lockup or overdrive (forgot).

I heard that the transmission from a '95 5.2 Liter Jeep Grand Cherokee would fit in some a-body vehicles. I have a 73 Duster with a 340. Does anyone know if this is a fit?

There is a recent large post on this I think in the tranny section under forums.

-
Back