A '73 Duster door glass?

-

valiantpatrol

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Researched this forum hoping for pics to make a comparison with but did not find any that looked like my glass. Trying to determine if my glass/door/regulator is a '73 Duster/Dart Sport specific type or the '74-'76 type. This glass was NOT mounted to post type regulator referred to in other posts I read. More similar to older scissor type regator mounting. Any help appreciated.

20210705_083753.jpg

After looking at some pieces on Ebay it does appear to be the same.

'73 and real early '74 used one glass, and the late '73-6 used another. Same shape, but, one has 5 holes, the other 7 holes. The holes are in different places, so, that's why they don't interchange unless you include all the guts inside the door.

@ go-fish - while I use ebay for research myself there are a lot of mis-identified parts on there so I came to the experts here. :)

This is what I’ve got for the right side, passenger door.

DC36CB01-6802-4DC1-85BD-46C8EF2AE878.jpeg
E1A8FAA3-4910-4A69-84B2-18A61534C1F2.jpeg

In your first pic those parts are the same for L & R. For each door you'll need (1) of the short flat tracks and (2) of the longer curved tracks. You may be short one of the long curved tracks in the pic if that's the only one you have. There are also two brackets that ride in those long curved tracks. A "long" one at the rear of window (see pic of my glass-still attached) and a "short" one at the front of the glass (see pic of my tracks). You may be short some of these glass brackets as well based on your photo.

In your second pic, inside your door, are the pieces that are specifically L & R, the regulator itself and the long flat track with the "flag" on one end. You need (1) each per side.

I have extra pieces you may need. Probably worth doing an inventory before I ship.

To summarise for each door you need :
(1) short flat track bracket
(1) long glass bracket
(1) short glass bracket
(2) long curved track brackets
(1) long flat "flag" track bracket
(1) regulator assembly
Last two items are L & R specific.

Hope that helps !? Steve.

… (2) of the longer curved tracks. You may be short one of the long curved tracks in the pic if that's the only one you have. There are also two brackets that ride in those long curved tracks. A "long" one at the rear of window (see pic of my glass-still attached) and a "short" one at the front of the glass (see pic of my tracks). You may be short some of these glass brackets as well based on your photo.
….
Hope that helps !? Steve.

That helps a lot!

I do think I only have one piece (long track) for the so I would need another for the passenger side.

I will try to pull it all out of the door itself tonight to get a better inventory of what I currently have.

I went over my regulator looking for an L or R marking but could not find one. Does not mean it's not there though. The flat "flag" track attaches to the window glass interior side in between the other two glass brackets. With flag toward rear of door and pointing up, the open side of the track should face car interior.

Hope this can help. The manual does not show the left side.

-
Back