A BIG "Thank You" to Rusty Rat Rod

-

66 Val

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to say thank you to RRR. I was reading a post not long ago where the poster was attempting to remove stuck pistons from a 273. RRR was adamant about using Sea Foam Deep Creep. I had never heard of the stuff and living in Maryland, rust and I are old friends. Well Deep Creep is nothing short of amazing. I have used it on everything from pot metal trim to stuck leaf spring shackles, the stuff works. So again THANK YOU RRR, you've made my life a little easier. Brian

Just an fyi, sea foam in the can, for gas and crankcase additive is the same as the spray.
I buy it by the gallon. A little squirt bottle with a bit of atf makes a good penetrating oil.

I will say that RRR is usually right on with his suggestions, and this one is no different. My neighbor and mentor “Big Al” swears by Seafoam and all if it’s wonderful attributes. He has taken me under his wing and shown me the light on many things, and the Seafoam products are now a mainstay in all of my tanks. I think Al and Rob are cut from the same cloth, and I know they would be fast friends!!

00D68819-F4A7-4E60-B2C8-1E55A7CD1930.jpeg

I love RRR now that I'm used to his special kind of sarcasm! He's a wealth of knowledge too!

Jeff
My favorite answer from him to the question of “What cam should I use in my small block” is answered most correctly by, “.750 roller!”
:rofl:

RRR has never steered me wrong. I am so happy he has a valiant now and is such an active member here. :thumbsup:

Are we bragging on Seafoam or RRR vast knowledge and uncanny way of 'splain'in things!!????? LOL

Both are truly helpful.

Both, actually! The point of my post is that when someone who knows is mentoring you, you listen and take them up on their advise. Being Fathers Day, this is the perfect thread to celebrate Rob and all of the ways he tries to help us all out. If he says Seafoam, and like the OP explained it worked like a charm, that’s because Rob knows and maybe the younger folks don’t! That’s mentoring at its finest!

Same with suggesting glass bead in my sandblasting cabinet. I have been using it ever since.

What I really need to know is RRR above or below the "fall line", for those that never been to Ga, that I where the gnats stop at! Question is, will there be bugs in his paint on that Valiant!!????? lol

My favorite answer from him to the question of “What cam should I use in my small block” is answered most correctly by, “.750 roller!”
:rofl:

Lol. Yup, 3/4 race cam. For when you want more than a half race cam but not quite a whole race cam! :rofl:

We love ya Rusty!

I want to thank RRR for teaching me patience, forbearance and where to find the biggest wasps in the world!! lol

That is really cool. I have never heard using seafoam as a rust penetrate before

That is really cool. I have never heard using seafoam as a rust penetrate before
I think he is saying a penetrant made by Seaform co. I have not see it, just the old seaform and now one in a spray. I got to look for that penetrant.
I first learned of Seaform back years ago in Missouri from mechanics there. Told me to fill the carb, let soak overnite and start it, cleans it great and vitalized the gasket. Smokes like heck too!! for a few minutes.

I think he is saying a penetrant made by Seaform co. I have not see it, just the old seaform and now one in a spray. I got to look for that penetrant.
I first learned of Seaform back years ago in Missouri from mechanics there. Told me to fill the carb, let soak overnite and start it, cleans it great and vitalized the gasket. Smokes like heck too!! for a few minutes.
Yea I first learned about it a couple years ago my truck started acting up I think I had either water in my gas and or bad gas. I let my truck set for about 3 weeks during a repair then when I started driving it again it was acting funny. Missing spit and shuddering no power etc. So I used a can of seafoam and filled up with some premium rec gas (none ethanol) and it straightened right up.

What I really need to know is RRR above or below the "fall line", for those that never been to Ga, that I where the gnats stop at! Question is, will there be bugs in his paint on that Valiant!!????? lol
At least two. The Air Force dumped several tons of mosquitoes on central Georgia where he lives (back in the ?50’s/60’s?) and no one noticed anything but the paperwork.

RRR is the shepherd to law sheep ‘round here.

I used seafoam extensively (1/2 bottle) every other tank on my cars- my friends & family have clogged injector issues, but I never do.
Seafoam, Stabil, sometimes Marvel Mystery oil on engines with no hardened seats, and Heet water remover-most everything else is snake oil. Slick-50 is snake oil....

Thank GOD I'm above it.

Thank yall for the kind words. I'm glad yall find some of my advice useful.

Yes the penetrating lubricant by SeaFoam, not the fuel treatment. It's not the same stuff.

-
Back