Status
Not open for further replies.

aarong5

Aaron Grimes
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
this is an 8 1/4 that I took out of a a 74 318 gold duster, missing the drums but the rest of the brake parts are there, and the emergency brake cable is cut, but It turns freely and looks great inside(see pic below). don't mind idiot me spilling the oil out of it trying to take the pictures.

I also have a 7 1/4 rear end that I'd sell for $100 has no brake parts on it and can take pic's if there is any interest.

as this item is so heavy I don't want to deal with shipping so pick up only
if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• photo-26.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 295
  • photo-27.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 279
Spring perch measurements please, center leaf spring hole to other spring hole
memike has a 66 Valiant with a 7 1/4 and would be happy with a 8 1/4 for my /6 sedan.
I bet I can find some drums, is this a 5 on 4'' or a 5 on 4 1/2'' pattern rear end/axles

Spring perch measurements please, center leaf spring hole to other spring hole
memike has a 66 Valiant with a 7 1/4 and would be happy with a 8 1/4 for my /6 sedan.
I bet I can find some drums, is this a 5 on 4'' or a 5 on 4 1/2'' pattern rear end/axles

The 8.25 will have a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. That said I wonder what the rear ratio is in that 8.25 rear.

I turned the drive shaft thing and the wheel turned just under three times, so I'm guessing 2.76 or 2.94....I will measure the leafspring holes tomorrow if I can get a chance to get over there.

I turned the drive shaft thing and the wheel turned just under three times, so I'm guessing 2.76 or 2.94....I will measure the leafspring holes tomorrow if I can get a chance to get over there.
I thought so but now I am sure , thank you aarong5 :colors:

The 8.25 will have a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. That said I wonder what the rear ratio is in that 8.25 rear.
Please do, and thank you. :glasses7:

See how you have the cover off, if you spin the yoke and look on the ring gear, it will state the gear ratio right on it

alright, I'll check on the gear when I measure to know exactly and get back with you guys ASAP

43 inches between the holes on the 8 1/4 from te duster and 7 1/4 from
My 67 barracuda the measuring tape had to go over the housing so I guess it wasn't enough to effect or if it was I'd imagine that's how they would all have to be measured, any other questions just ask

Good moring Aaron, I'm not sure if you received my PM on your 2nd post for your rear end. I am interested in buying it. I live in Madisonville, Ky. PM me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back