-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69b7bbgts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Very rare four and a half bolt circle 7 1/4 axles these are unmodified stock axles $100

1117221318.jpg

Can you put a rule on them, they look like 4" from here.

100_7733 (2).JPG

I pulled them out of the seven and a quarter rear end myself it was a 68 Dart which I have been working on all summer whole car has been converted over to four and a half inch bolt circle if you'd like a picture of the rear end that I took them out of I will send it

Here is the rear end that I pulled them out of and here is a picture of the tire and rim which will not accept the Hub size of the axles which are approximately 27 and 1/2 in Long I have three photos hopefully I can get them all in on this one thread

1118221105.jpg

1118221107.jpg

1118221108.jpg

I have never seen axles like this with that bolt pattern in such a small rear end. The rear end in front of the one I took a picture of is also a 7 and 1/4 but has the small bolt pattern so I figured it has to be a rare deal if somebody wants to put 15 in Wheels without changing the rear end this would be the quick way to do it

I have never seen axles like this with that bolt pattern in such a small rear end. The rear end in front of the one I took a picture of is also a 7 and 1/4 but has the small bolt pattern so I figured it has to be a rare deal if somebody wants to put 15 in Wheels without changing the rear end this would be the quick way to do it
you need the complete big bolt rear...the axles do not interchange

Any A-body, starting in 1973, that had front disc brakes would automatically be 4.5" bolt pattern. If that A-body had a 7.25" rear end, it would have the 4.5" bolt pattern in the back with 10" drums.
As an example, I have a '74 Plymouth Duster that is equipped with a 198 Slant 6 and auto transmission and 7.25 rear end. It was ordered with manual disc brakes in the front which came with 10" drums in the rear. Those disc brakes would mandate a 4.5" bolt pattern all around.

Yeah, the axles you have won't work in a pre 73 7 1/4 rearend. Someone in your area may want the whole rearend the axles came out of to convert a slant 6 or 273/318 car to big bolt pattern. I've never tried to sell a 7 1/4, but have been very happy just to give it away to someone who needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back