A body bucket seat help.

-

fastmark

Reaction score
Im trying to help someone on some bucket seats for a 74 duster. I’m very familiar with e body tracks but not so much with a body. He needs tracks and seats. I understand that the 70-72 a body tracks are not a bolt in for 74 because of a hump in the floor for cat converter. I had a set of those but sold them so we can just trial fit them. PG classics sell new reproduction 70-72 ones and I’m sure they are not as good as oem, but that’s all we can find. So, first question. Can we modify the tracks or the floor and make them work?
Second question. Are 73-74 ebody seats frames and foam the same as oem 74 duster? If they will just bolt in and look right may be good enough. Everyone is so backed up on upholstery, we may just have go to a local shop and have them covered. If someone has some tracks, I’d be interested. Thanks

My 69 has b body bucket seats & tracks done by some previous owner. Just like anything else if you have more time than money & few metal scraps & some basic skills you can make it work.

A lot of folks put in late model bucket seats for comfort.

1975 was the first year for the catalytic converter floor hump. I put a set of buckets from a 74 Dart Special Edition in a 1970 Dart with zero issues.

In my 76 Dart Sport I use bucket seats from Pontiac Sunbird, they are very comfy and the fit is the perfect size...these could be an option.

-
Back