A-Body Door Jambs Different

-

72DMag

Reaction score
I ordered a new drivers side amd door jamb panel for a plymouth duster I am working on. What was weird to me, on AMD's website the door jamb panel is specific to the duster/demon only.

Now we all know that the dart and and scamp use a very similar door except they have the triangle window in the front. My question is since the doors are the same what makes the scamp and dart door jamb different? Same door same door jamb is what i assumed but apparently there is a difference.

Also I should mention I am referring to 2 door darts. 4 door cars have a different door jamb.

Assuming you’re talking about the rear jamb that’s got the latch post, the major difference is the the Dart has a roll up rear window the Demon/Duster do not. I don’t believe it has much to do with the door itself.

They have a different profile on the quarter panel, easy to see when they are next to each other. The Dart and Scamp are 2-door hardtops, the Duster and Demon/Dart Sport are more of a fast top design.

Is the striker plate area the same? The look identical Except for the hole cut out for the back window. I forgot those roll down in the dart. Thanks all!

-
Back