-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Instant Karma

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This is a factory 4 speed console that came out of a 68 baracuda. comes complete with all console brackets to put the console into your non console 4 speed car. The brackets ahave been carefully removed, and they are rust free. The console body is in excelent shape. Most you will find will have cratches and gouges in the plastic, this one has no blemishes. Being it is out of a 68 it does not have wood grain insert, all chrome plates. comes with the original shifter boot in very nice shape also, chrome plates are in very good shape for being 40 years old with no pits in chrome, will polish up very nicley. This is a very nice driver console, and a local show winner. If it were going in my car i would respray the centers of the top plates silver or the color of your car for something trick. I am asking $250 for it with all the brackets, i will ship to the lower 48 states if the buyer pays the shipping, if you have any questions or concerns or if you are interested please send me a pm, thanksView attachment 100_1693.jpg

View attachment 100_1694.jpg

View attachment 100_1695.jpg

View attachment 100_1696.jpg

View attachment 100_1697.jpg

View attachment 100_1698.jpg

It looks to be a 66-68 automatic console with a 4 speed top plate. The difference is the 4 speed consoles have a half moon shape cut out on the drivers side where the shifter sits to clear the shifting mechanism within the console. I'm not sure but I think you may be able to still use a shifter that doesn't have a major bend to it. Possibly an inland shifter would work but I don't know about a hurst?

Agreed, auto console with 4 speed top plate. Ask to see pix of the backside. The pins on the back that mount it and the ashtray are critical to value.

How about enlightening me. I've never seen one out of the car, so what do the back pins and the ashtray have to do with it being a 4 speed console (or is it plate?). Looking to learn here............
Daryl

It looks to be a 66-68 automatic console with a 4 speed top plate. The difference is the 4 speed consoles have a half moon shape cut out on the drivers side where the shifter sits to clear the shifting mechanism within the console. I'm not sure but I think you may be able to still use a shifter that doesn't have a major bend to it. Possibly an inland shifter would work but I don't know about a hurst?

I have used that console base with just about every shifter handle
made and never had any problems.
I always thought the reason the factory ones had the cut out was so that when these cars were new they could service the shifter with out having to remove the console.
The cut out doesn't seem to have anything to do with the shifter operation.
$250 for everything their is a pretty good deal.8)

How about enlightening me. I've never seen one out of the car, so what do the back pins and the ashtray have to do with it being a 4 speed console (or is it plate?). Looking to learn here............
Daryl

He's talking about the two plastic tracks that the ash tray
slides back and forth in.
The ash tray looks fine in the picture so I am not
sure why someone would be concerned about that.
Even the bracketts are included and in good shape.

I bought this a while back. I'll have to take some picts of the underside for those that say it's a converted auto console.

Ok for those experts I have picts of the bottom. As I stated I have no idea if this is converted or the real deal. For what I plan on doing it will work fine.
You can see there are cutouts on the side:
Console-side.jpg

The bottom looks like this:
Console-bott-1.jpg

And if it matters there are some part numbers:
Console-Part.jpg

I hope this answers any questions people many have had, and determine which one it is.

that top plate is a 4 speed one, but i think it has the incorrect boot.

Guys, This unit was SOLD a long time ago. I bought it and it is not for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back