a body front end rebuild

-

dennis morton

high winder 340
Reaction score
I have been reading the forums on here on front end rebuilds and have picked up some valuable information tricks new ideas, there is a lot of discussion on making sure your car is weighted upond torquing bushings. your bushings are designed to travel the distance motion through out its travel range (twist). from top bumper to bottom bumper, that distance does not change, one does not change and twist little more because its not weighted first. been reading a lot about installing your torsion bar with the upper stop bumper out fully (clocked)??? I took my lower control arm and torsion bar out with the upper control arm resting on the bumper, I could have slid the control arm and torsion bar right back in. torsion bar is installed with your upper control arm resting on the bumper, figured I was missing something here so I tool my bumper out tried to install, torsion bar socket stops rotating, if your torsion bar torque bolt is backed out flush there will be better inch gap. very little movement in your bushings believe it or not they would not last half a day in a car through bumps pot holes they last for years.

55608F98-243A-435A-8180-35233971D2E4.jpeg

-
Back