A body mania on "Musclecar" Spike tv this weekend

-
The red 69 340 car is real nice. yeah, low buck and blown hemi, tubbs, full frame and cage, and so dont go together.

They threw low buck out the door when they back halved it for sure. Been mine I would have repair all the rust issues and dropped a 440 in there to keep the price down. It was disappointing to see a strong motor like that pull such a low number at the dragstrip. The 69 Dart Swinger was the best part

They threw low buck out the door when they back halved it for sure. Been mine I would have repair all the rust issues and dropped a 440 in there to keep the price down. It was disappointing to see a strong motor like that pull such a low number at the dragstrip. The 69 Dart Swinger was the best part

I believe that was 1/8 mile. The times they ran with it would translate to low 11's high 10's in the quarter. Inexperienced racers too.

I believe with the right driver that car would run in the 9's.

That build makes me want to do something similar with mine. Same car.

I'm a bit disappointed in their build, they threw way too much money at it for not much gain.

Plus, the older guy on the show needs to shave off the soul patch thing. Looks ridiculous.

I believe that was 1/8 mile. The times they ran with it would translate to low 11's high 10's in the quarter. Inexperienced racers too.

I believe with the right driver that car would run in the 9's.

That build makes me want to do something similar with mine. Same car.

I was thinking their projected 1/4 mile number was a little low. It also looked like they were scared to open it up.

Not bad times for no tunning. Their times translated to 10's. With more time for tunning,and a real driver,it will run better.

Anybody think it looked better black,with the white stripe ?

The car has way more in it. They were being nice to it. I saw the Horsepower TV when they built that motor and it dyno's well over 600 hp.

Thanks for the link.

While a few guys so far has expressed a few ill feelings, I'ma at least a little thankful that they did a MoPar instead of yet another Chevy or Mustang Fox body build. They at least had some balls to show it at the track and admit it could run faster.

Thanks for the link.

While a few guys so far has expressed a few ill feelings, I'ma at least a little thankful that they did a MoPar instead of yet another Chevy or Mustang Fox body build. They at least had some balls to show it at the track and admit it could run faster.
X2!!! I agree, even in nascar! call it a MoPar..Come on Rusty say Mopar did it but they had there chance to and did not.......... Mopar is up front!!! Never happened ..
I would have carried on mothers name and I think they should have......... we will be back and show them again one day .

Thanks for link...!
Yes thank you very much :happy2:

Your welcome.X3 on what rumblefish360 said.I don't like the car I think if it was to be a budget build it should have stayed that way.I think they spent way to much money for what they did.But it's a mopar and they did a nice feature on a mopar.I stooped watching those shows because of them not showing mopars.It's the same-thing with mopar magazines, I like A bodies and all they talk about is B,E bodies hemis.I don't have them cars so I don't buy the magazines.The only the ones that I will pickup is the ones about A bodies. Mark

Anybody think it looked better black,with the white stripe ?
I sure did! I think throw a 440 stroker small block in it, mini tubs, 8.75 rear, tie the frame rails together, then decide if you want to go straight line or curves as to what to do with the suspension. And that "nose up" stance went out in the 60s.
But all in all I am glad they chose to do a Mopar! Everyone has their own idea as to what they would build.

for all the money they threw at that thing you'd think they at least try to get some headers and exhaust that was more than 2" off the ground.

-
Back