A Body Roof Racks

-

bcschief

Reaction score
I found this interesting at least for 63 A body wagon roof racks are the same as full size cars except for Newport and Custom 880 wagons which have 6 stands and not 4. That just widened your search for a roof rack. This is per the 1963 parts manual.

Brian

Last edited:
So the A and most full sized cars have the same part number - interesting. What’s the 63 part number so I can check the 65 parts manual to see if it carried over to at least 65.

23-40-0 is the parts code. Can't find a part number for the whole assy but I am sure it was available as an accessory.

Brian

I’ll see if I can find a part number in my book - the 23-40-0 will be a good start,

I have done some research on the roof rack numbers in the 65 parts manual and found that there is no specific part number for the roof rack per se, there are part numbers for each and every component right down to the pad under each stanchion. Another interesting fact is that all the part numbers for each part of the roof rack for the A and B Bodies are the same plus the main description states the roof rack is for the Dart, Valiant and Belvedere and Coronet models. There is no mention of a roof rack in the accessories section so I’m guessing it must have been an ordered item since it needed to be secured at the factory to the roof by drilling specific location mounting holes and installing nutcerts to secure the cross bars and stanchions. In 65 a total of 2261 Dart wagons were built with the luggage rack. At least there is one more source (the 65 B Body) for a roof rack for your early 63-66 A Body.

Last edited:
-
Back