A Body Sway Bars

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering and Chassis' started by dart4forte, May 17, 2018.

1. dart4forte

dart4forte FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    I've seen this topic brought up over the years concerning rear sway bars on an A body, jus want to get an updated prospective. Pro/Cons, who here on this forum has experience with rear sway bars on an A body especially running autocross? Interested to hear from the guys who run street/track cars.

2. 73dartswingerlover

73dartswingerlover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    I want to know as well!

I really want to get some so that i dont feel as though im tipping over sometimes.

3. 73dartswingerlover

73dartswingerlover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:26 PM
    Ugg forgot to uncheck email notifications....

4. pomonamissel

pomonamissel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:26 PM
    well i have an issue DSC00418.JPG DSC00417.JPG DSC00416.JPG DSC00415.JPG with running a rear sway bar . no one at tti can tell me if there 2 1/2 exhaust with tail pipes will fit with the firm feel rear sway bar . i'm doing a driver/street racer sleeper . a more door 70 dart with frame connectors n torque boxes , dana 60 , gv 727 , 500 hp 440 , k/h disc . its just street never getting slick'd up for the track . but its going to handle big t bars hd rear springs front n rear sway bars . i'm just trying to buy what fits , tti is a great system and in calif . has any body done this tti and firm feel together ?

5. Ahatchett

Ahatchett Well-Known Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    I'm running a qa1 front hollow sway bar. I haven't put a rear on yet. But I can say that the front alone made an amazing difference. I only have a set of competition engineering drag shocks with the stock pretty worn leaf springs in the rear but I don't experience a lot of body roll unless I'm really hammering down around a roundabout or a sharp corner. I think stiffer torsion bars and a rear sway bar would entirely eliminate that though.

6. rustycowll69

rustycowll69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I have a 76 dart fleet(cop car) rear sway bar on my 66 cuda, along with the 76 copcar t-bars. I never even installed the 76 frt sway bar because it was going to take some adapting, but also because a sl/6 4spd w/ HD t-bars and rear sway bar handles pretty good as is.
    sorry, never auto-crossed, but I do drive in a spirited manner.

7. Ahatchett

Ahatchett Well-Known Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    Adapting the qa1 with the sock k member was a pain in the ass:rofl::steering:

8. 69wacuda

69wacuda Handling, and a 500ci engine.... All in good time! FABO Gold Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I have the Hotchkis 1.5" front and 1" rear sway bars. I haven't had it on a course yet (still tuning the Torsion Bar/ ride height issue) I'm saving judgement till I get everything dialed in, but it has very (VERY) little body roll. I think my biggest problem right now is not having sub frame connectors. With all my suspension upgrades to the suspension making it much more stiff that, while driving at highway speeds I'll get this springing affect inside the car that I believe is do to the whole car flexing. In my case, it probably would have been a good idea to start with chassis stiffing before upgrading to heavy duty parts but that's not as sexy....:steering:

9. pomonamissel

Local Time:
    i put uscartool sub frame connectors n torque boxes . and its a more door beside , i think it will be very stable .

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • pomonamissel

Local Time:
      uscartool frame connectors n torque boxes , and front frame cross member just stitch welded as uscartool required . DSC00669.JPG DSC01454.JPG DSC01455.JPG DSC01456.JPG DSC01461.JPG DSC01462.JPG DSC01463.JPG

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      • AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS 367 FormS clone 3.09-1.92-1.40-1.09-.78od 3.55s

South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
        View My Photos
        Local Time:
        I'm a streeter
        1.03 T-bars, 1.125solid front bar, HD Munroe shocks, K set to 6" or a tad under, rear springs have an extra main leaf and are de-arched to nearly flat. Tires are BFG T/As, 235/60-14 and 295/50-15. The suspension isn't a problem................. she corners pretty good for what she is, Now if only the tires could keep up.
        I'm getting older tho, so whamming around corners ain't all that to me anymore. I'm getting used to power-sliding and drifting........ at least it doesn't spin out anymore.

No back bar.
        IMO, a Mopar streeter doesn't need a rear bar. Lemmee rephrase that; MY Mopar streeter doesn't need a back bar.