A Body Sway Bars

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering and Chassis' started by dart4forte, May 17, 2018 at 5:05 PM.

1. dart4forte

dart4forte FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    3:08 AM
    I've seen this topic brought up over the years concerning rear sway bars on an A body, jus want to get an updated prospective. Pro/Cons, who here on this forum has experience with rear sway bars on an A body especially running autocross? Interested to hear from the guys who run street/track cars.

2. 73dartswingerlover

73dartswingerlover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    I want to know as well!

I really want to get some so that i dont feel as though im tipping over sometimes.

3. 73dartswingerlover

73dartswingerlover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    Ugg forgot to uncheck email notifications....

4. pomonamissel

pomonamissel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:08 PM
    well i have an issue DSC00418.JPG DSC00417.JPG DSC00416.JPG DSC00415.JPG with running a rear sway bar . no one at tti can tell me if there 2 1/2 exhaust with tail pipes will fit with the firm feel rear sway bar . i'm doing a driver/street racer sleeper . a more door 70 dart with frame connectors n torque boxes , dana 60 , gv 727 , 500 hp 440 , k/h disc . its just street never getting slick'd up for the track . but its going to handle big t bars hd rear springs front n rear sway bars . i'm just trying to buy what fits , tti is a great system and in calif . has any body done this tti and firm feel together ?

5. Ahatchett

Ahatchett Active Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    I'm running a qa1 front hollow sway bar. I haven't put a rear on yet. But I can say that the front alone made an amazing difference. I only have a set of competition engineering drag shocks with the stock pretty worn leaf springs in the rear but I don't experience a lot of body roll unless I'm really hammering down around a roundabout or a sharp corner. I think stiffer torsion bars and a rear sway bar would entirely eliminate that though.

6. rustycowll69

rustycowll69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:08 PM
    I have a 76 dart fleet(cop car) rear sway bar on my 66 cuda, along with the 76 copcar t-bars. I never even installed the 76 frt sway bar because it was going to take some adapting, but also because a sl/6 4spd w/ HD t-bars and rear sway bar handles pretty good as is.
    sorry, never auto-crossed, but I do drive in a spirited manner.

7. Ahatchett

Ahatchett Active Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    Adapting the qa1 with the sock k member was a pain in the ass:rofl::steering: