A/C sealers....BS?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Got a leak in my work truck A/C. Garage says they dont work on them anymore due to EPA license. I lose about 20 psi in 2 weeks. I usually see 55-60 psi when it's running and when I measure it after 2 weeks it's down to 40-45 and the compressor is cycling. I squirted all the unions I could see and none bubbled. I had a leaking high side Schrader valve but I fixed that so I'm thinking it's in the compressor or condenser. Maybe a can of pressurized sealer or a non pressurized injectable sealer? 2002 Silverado 2500HD.

AC Pro makes one that WORKS. It's about 28 bucks but it will even stop small metal leaks like cracks in the evaporator.

We use one called Terra Guard you inject it through the low side fitting with the A/C running. It works great we have seen it seal compressor seems before. It also has a dye in it so you can find leaks very easy with a UV light.

I've seen a few orifice valves get plugged with sealer....

Amazon seeks Freon leak detectors for about $22. They work great. I found the leaks on my cuda with one

I used it in a 1990 oldsmoblie delta 88 I had. Worked well. It was the sealer plus freon from autozone. Or as some you like to refer to as Vatozone!

I’ve had great results with this one where other kinds failed.

EC2A725F-4CA7-4EE8-95ED-AC73EB78C216.jpeg

If u ever need it serviced at a garage make sure u tell them that it has a sealer in it. Dealers can and will screw the a/c machine. Kim

If u ever need it serviced at a garage make sure u tell them that it has a sealer in it. Dealers can and will screw the a/c machine. Kim
I know they now suck the R134x out prior to service, but what special procedure can they do with a 'sealer' system? run it through a media?

-
Back