A couple new pics of my car

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Insurance has it repairable at the cost of $19,352. That is parts and labor. . The damage under the car is just as bad. Tranny , motor , and rear housing is is bent. . They will not total the car for $27,500 ????. No salvage title. Reminds me of what they would have done in the 70's.

20170520_203808 (1).jpg

20170520_203824.jpg

20170520_203842.jpg

20170520_203852.jpg

20170520_203908.jpg

20170520_203924.jpg

Insurance has it repairable at the cost of $19,352. That is parts and labor. . The damage under the car is just as bad. Tranny , motor , and rear housing is is bent. . They will not total the car for $27,500 ????. No salvage title. Reminds me of what they would have done in the 70's.

View attachment 1715052919

View attachment 1715052920

View attachment 1715052921

View attachment 1715052922

View attachment 1715052923

View attachment 1715052924
Do you mind if I ask what insurance company your dealing with?

There is no way THAT car gets repaired by a competent, professional shop for 19k...

Wow, it looks worse than it appeared previously. I agree, 19k to fix that? I'm not sure what kind of work will be done. Either the estimator is extremely good with A-bodies or has absolutely no clue about them! Either way, I hope it works out for you. Damn, just damn.

just remember, the 19K is an offer, you do not HAVE to take it
and, bringing in estimates from actual shops can sway their opinion

Holy crap! That is precisely why I have defined value of 30K on my Barracuda. Your car will never be the same no matter how much you spend to fix it.
Makes me want to cry-----------------was a beautiful car! Really sorry to see that---Good luck with it!

Just an observation. A sharktooth grille alone is $1000.00. I find it incredible how that grill got curved shape dent for lack of a better term. You breath on those and they usually crack.

Holy crap! That is precisely why I have defined value of 30K on my Barracuda. Your car will never be the same no matter how much you spend to fix it.
Makes me want to cry-----------------was a beautiful car! Really sorry to see that---Good luck with it!

My declared value was 27,500. The damage would have to exceed 80% of the value in order to be totaled. If the damage would exceed 80% . I would get 100% and be able to buy it back for 11% of the declared value. Most ins. co. do not work that way on classic cars.

My policy has a clause that they use their appraiser only. My friend Had a similar issue. His insurance "Haggerty" Gave an actual value which was more than his declared value. He received the full declared value that it was insured for. Also they demanded the cars vin. not be used on another body so he received a salvage certificate.

My insurance has the car being rebodied with clean title. ?? Good for me because it will be a race car now and I will save money on title transfer. I will change to Haggerty for my Roadrunner. READ YOUR POLICIES! I learned the hard way

A competent guy with access to the right frame and measuring equipment could get it right without much issue. I have fixed way worse working at a Benz dealer on 200k+ cars where nothing ever totals out. It looks worse than it is. Set it up to do multiple pulls and go slow.

Last edited:
Sorry to see such a beautiful car in that condition.

My declared value was 27,500. The damage would have to exceed 80% of the value in order to be totaled. If the damage would exceed 80% . I would get 100% and be able to buy it back for 11% of the declared value.

You're only $2700 shy of it being considered a total. Find some items that the adjuster missed if you want it totaled. They ALWAYS miss things on an initial estimate in a crash like this.....

Damn that was a nice car..what happened??
Right upper control arm bolt came out totally. Right tire hit the fender and turned the car hard right. I was rolling in second and about to turn down my road. Just got through with a 7000 rpm in drive. First time out with street tires from the Roadrunner. My front runners wouldn't have hit.

I was going through videos from at the track. The arm was loose on the last pass 10.78 @ 128. Car would have went a lot faster. I should have never taken the car out with those tires. I put them on to store it last year. I usually always had 29x14.5 hoosiers on it. I also just built a tube K-member and arms we were going to install. here it is as it was.

spoiler pics 660.jpg

spoiler pics 205.jpg

Steve 065.JPG

Steve 100.JPG

you say motor trans r/e are bent , is that in the estimate as well . seems low , but if the repairs are started and then more damage is found . it could get paid for by the insurer . so if its repairs are almost done or so deep into it , there is a good chance that they with pay out more than declared value . there are a few hidden repairs that could get supplemented . to total more than the cars insured for . it all takes a savy shop owner and a willing adjuster to justify it on paper .

you say motor trans r/e are bent , is that in the estimate as well . seems low , but if the repairs are started and then more damage is found . it could get paid for by the insurer . so if its repairs are almost done or so deep into it , there is a good chance that they with pay out more than declared value . there are a few hidden repairs that could get supplemented . to total more than the cars insured for . it all takes a savy shop owner and a willing adjuster to justify it on paper .
True, there are ways to put one over the top.

-
Back