A day with a member

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As some of you know I lost a friend back on February 12th of this year I have known for 35 years, a great man in his day.
Well to make a story short he had a tun (make that 30 tuns) of cars and parts he has collected threw many years. He was the mopar go to guy for hundreds of miles for most anything.
Our Member @blewbyu and I talked on the phone and he gave me instructions to take good pictures of a 69 A12 super bee that was up for sale near me (At Hippies) , I put bug spray on and headed to where the car was and sent many pictures to him, and did my best to answer any and all questions for him.
After awhile blewbyu calls back and wants to talk to the seller, I hand him my phone and the deal was dun :thumbsup:
Ok (I said to myself) My friends old car is going to a great home

Meeting our member was such a joy, he is a mopar gentlemen and hunter from what I gathered :thumbsup:
He arrived the next day just in time to buy me lunch and get to meet each other.
After talking some we realized I have bought parts from him in the past :wtf: .. Soo he was the member I got my quarter panels and oil pan for my 360 install

Then cam the time to show him where Hippie (Terry Sevener) lived for years ..
First let me introduce my old friend
Terry (Hippie) Sevener , my friend, my mopar brother..

Hippie 33.jpg

16684132_10154106579767391_1279455044425274935_n.jpg

16711492_1561473297201344_3024477229272794185_n.jpg

16708529_1218465554873907_5615141017474195544_n.jpg

16712039_10154382154972666_6191088974677526773_n.jpg

16730632_10154109090582391_5529774386713933472_n.jpg

So off to Hippies we go to see all there was to see and more

Hippie 16.jpg

Hippie 12.jpg

Hippie 18.jpg

But there was one car our member drove all night and morning for :thumbsup:

It took me awhile to post this super day I enjoyed and was blessed with :thankyou:
Just being a part of this was an honor !! and was something I will never forget

Hippie 21.jpg

Hippie 26.jpg

Hippie 28.jpg

View attachment 1715040550

After shopping threw Hippies mopar hoard it was time to say good by, enjoyed meeting our member

Hippie 27.jpg

Hippie 30.jpg

Hippie 29.jpg

He looks like a dude with a ton of knowledge but unless he liked you you would never know anything about him. Memike sorry for your loss and a great tribute to him.

Dang, that was my intention also. Back in 69 I had a black 63 post with a 440/ 4 spd that I raced, & have always regretted selling it.

I amaze at how people on this board are so different, many of us come from different walks of life and situations ...YET, we are united by one very special thing

Mopar or NO Car for Life, Brothers and sisters

I amaze at how people on this board are so different, many of us come from different walks of life and situations ...YET, we are united by one very special thing

Mopar or NO Car for Life, Brothers and sisters
The joy of meeting and talking with folks from a different walk of life is so energizing :thumbsup: and it builds my knowledge and strengthens my spirit, I enjoy meeting people and this was yet another groovy time in life I try and enjoy :)

I believe that Terry was one of the true car guys out there! If you took the time to get to know him, you can see in his eyes that he was the real deal! Sadly, most people look at the wrapper, and never what's inside the box!!! Sorry to hear of his passing Mike, I know he was a good friend of yours!!!

dam some awesome cars sorry for your loss , and ours Hippy ways and hippy days
he was deffently a a man with a vision some pople just get taken too dm early from all of us
hope that car gets built with his respect Really sorry but never forget and He Lives On I just lost my Nissan to an accident givn to me by my best friend ever he passed 6 years ago and always rad in that car with me , Like Bon Scott Lives in my 65 Cuda that's why Hyway to Hell gets canked WFO before every race and that tape will never leave that deck
LIVE ON HIPPIE

Our member blewbyu was a treat to watch go threw parts and adding to his load to take home, he took good care of me and the time spent to get this deal dun.
Now if I can take a trip to his place for some hunting :thumbsup: we learned allot about each other, my simple way of life and living here in Arkansas and his fun out look and hobbies he has :steering: Thank you again for a great time :)

Who can top this true story of meeting a member or members ? post away and lets hear some stories you may have :thankyou:

One Conscienceness experiencing a common denominator. Mopar is spceal to those who are in the know. It was more than Sales and marketing, the peoples heart was in it then... And now. God Bless Mike.

Woodie

-
Back