A few pics of barracuda project.

-
Found out when using Ron Francis wiring harness, that I would no longer need bulk head connector. Quickly welded in patch before off for body and paint.

4C64C8AB-75CC-4674-8FE3-79E1B9C8FE65.jpeg

DCB1EE82-4EA4-4D4F-B496-06C7E2418A1E.jpeg

Next some photos of my friend new body shop. My car will be his first job in the new facility. He been painting for over 30 years.

EF1B0815-C447-4C20-9A50-27F559584E7D.jpeg

F8E100F1-B51F-47E2-B4BF-78EDA2BE5B58.jpeg

E60F48E7-ACDE-448B-A130-94DD133339EF.jpeg

D8D0804B-1774-4E24-A1A3-ADC955536FBF.jpeg

Your car is coming along nice.
Thanks, yes the car starting to come together, going to put everything back on. Line up gaps, and give another coat of primer. After that more block sanding, getting it ready for paint colour to be shot. Will disassemble before final paint, one last time.

Quick update, on car progress, pictures of car in high build.

Nice - make sure to tape off the body lines, real easy to make the one in the lower door disappear in the rear quarter. It extends a little ways into the rear quarter panel.

Nice - make sure to tape off the body lines, real easy to make the one in the lower door disappear in the rear quarter. It extends a little ways into the rear quarter panel.
Ok thanks for the heads up, will tape them for sure.

So that body line goes as far as the tape line you have in the picture. Didn’t know there a partial in at the beginning of the rear quarter.

So that body line goes as far as the tape line you have in the picture. Didn’t know there a partial in at the beginning of the rear quarter.

It is subtle. It disappears about 6" behind the door. It is also very hard to get a good picture of. It is a continuation of the bodyline on the lower door. It disappears before the rear wheel opening. This picture kind of highlights where it is.
Comparison 17 to 18 small b.jpg

Here is a picture that shows it about as best I can, really hard to take a picture of a mirror. You can see how it kind of tapers to nothing here about 6" behind the door, on the left you can see the shadow where the light is reflected differently by the line on the door and that feature gradually melts away to where by the right side of the picture the curve of the panel is smooth.
IMG_0343.JPG

You have to be very deliberate in your sanding to keep the body lines from becoming rounded. The one trick is to tape on the bottom side and sand down to it, then tape on the top side and sand up to it. This way you do not directly sand the line or move it and it stays crisp.

Last edited:
If you are looking for it you can kind of see it in this picture. This picture also highlights one of my favorite lines on the notchback that usually goes unnoticed, especially on lighter colored cars. The line that starts above the door opening on the roof and runs down the C-pillar.

DSC04366.jpg

Looking awesome. Moving along fast now. It's good that you got in first into the shop too... probably helps. What's the car next to yours? Looks like a Nova or something?

Think he paid 6000.00 Canadian, but the car need quarters for sure. Not sure what else. When my car is finished, I will help with the metal work on his nova.

-
Back