A little advice here

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, so Im about to weld the PST stiffening plates on the lower control arm. But if you chk the pics, the plate is going to hit on the sway bar tabs?? I positioned the plate pretty much where it has to go as you have to be able to get a socket in the slots on the plate. I know I could grind the stiffening plate down, but figgered Id ask for any advice before I do that.

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 2014-05-16 16.57.55.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 2014-05-16 16.58.06.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 2014-05-16 16.58.19.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 2014-05-16 16.58.28.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 185
Yeah Steve, just grind that corner short. It will be fine.

Thats what I figgered. Why wouldnt they just shorten the plates to make them fit sway and non sway vehicles

Others have asked why they dont offer plates that include sway bar tabs. One answer fits all. Those tabs were in 2 different locations from the factory.
I wouldn't produce several different types and part numbers for right hand and left hand either. If I did someone without sway bar tabs would ask, "What are all the notches for ?" LOL

Cool,didn't know those existed.....

Hey Joe, here is the link

http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6945/.f?sc=12

Others have asked why they dont offer plates that include sway bar tabs. One answer fits all. Those tabs were in 2 different locations from the factory.
I wouldn't produce several different types and part numbers for right hand and left hand either. If I did someone without sway bar tabs would ask, "What are all the notches for ?" LOL

Less metal means more savings though Ben....Also there is no left and right with this set, each piece fits either side.
No big deal, just a little grinding

Thanks all hope to have em welded soon...needs to practice the welding!:violent1:

-
Back