a little bench seat help?

-

hosehead

Reaction score
Hey guys, If any of you are bored enough to measure the distance between the mounting bolts on an early a bench seat, I would be forever indebted to you.
The story is I have a 66 dart with import buckets in it. My friend has a bench seat that he thinks might be from an early A. I am not near my car or the seat and sections of the floor have been amateurishly repaired.
So, I was inquiring if any of you might know the distances between the mounting studs and the overall width difference between an early A bench and a later 67 and up A body bench seat.
Thanks(and sorry, lol)

I have a 64 Dart more door parts car with a bench seat. The distance from the edge of the front sttuds is 49 1/2" (same as on center), and the distance from the front to the back studs is 10 3/4". For the front to back distance, I also measured the distance between the holes in the floor pans to the seat support brackets (as the rear studs on the seat are bent) to confirm the 10 3/4" distance.
So that is the early A measurement for you.
Maybe someone else can get you the 67 and up measurememts.

20220918_111539.jpg

20220918_111444.jpg

20220918_111408.jpg

Thank you sir!!! Looks like I’m still looking for an early a seat. Lol. The one I have access to is wider.

I'd gladly give you this one as a core, but it would need a lot of work and probably not worth the cost to ship.

I'd gladly give you this one as a core, but it would need a lot of work and probably not worth the cost to ship.
Thank you so much but I need a two door seat that would fold forward. If it were a two door I’d take you up on your offer! Thanks for the offer.

-
Back